- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Refractive surgery
- Surgical retinal
Consultant Eye Surgeon with an NHS practice at Royal Bournemouth Hospital and private practice based at Nuffieldhealth, Bournemouth.
Trained in London (Royal Free, St Mary's and Hammersmith).
Postgraduate training in Wessex, Cambridge and Vancouver.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Vitreoretinal surgery; treatment of retinal detachment; macula hole; epiretinal membrane; vitreous haemorrhage; Ocular complications of diabetes; retinal vascular disorders e.g. Retinal vein occlusion; minor eye-lid conditions; glaucoma not requiring complex surgical intervention.
- Caroine Ward
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital Castle Lane East BOURNEMOUTH BH7 7DW
- 01202 72606
- 01202 704367
- Ms Grace Finch
- Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital 67 Lansdowne Road BOURNEMOUTH BH1 1RW
- 01202 291866
- 01202 317141
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Alison McCormick Not Fee Assured
- Dr Thomas Green Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon,
Royal Bournemouth Hospital
1. Small incision cataract and retinal surgery.
2. Relationship between metabolises in the vitreous and serum; "MOVE" Study.
3. Sleep apnoea and diabetic macula oedema,
"ROSA" multi-centre trial.
4. Low viscosity silicone oils for retinal tamponade.
Aerial Photography "Sightbywings.co.uk"
Outdoors; walking & cycling.
First prize in National Trust photo competition, winning photo displayed on cover of 2013 Calendar.
View videos on youtube
- FRCOphth London 1995
- MBBS London 1990
- BSc First Class Honours St Mary's Hospital, London 1989
- Vitreoretinal Surgical Fellowship University of British Columbia, Vancouver 2001
- Vitreoretinal Surgical Fellowship Addenbrookes, Cambridge 2000
Reference number 3485020
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- GMC 3485020 London 1990
Details of entry to specialist register
- FRCOphth, 1999
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmology
Member of BEAVRS, retinal society.
- 67 Lansdowne RoadBOURNEMOUTHBH1 1RW
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01202 298166
- Consulting Rooms65 Lansdowne RoadBOURNEMOUTHBH1...
- 08:00 - 12:30
- 01202 298166
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Grace Finch (PA) 01202-298166 in office hours.
For complex or high risk surgical procedures patients may be given access to my mobile number at the time.
Acute Referral Clinic (NHS) 01202-704181