- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
Following training in London, the Yorkshire Hospitals, and the USA I was appointed Consultant General Surgeon to the Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals in 2002 with a specialist interest in colon and rectal surgery.
Areas of interest
Colorectal surgery (lower GI)
- Darny Wilson
- 07580 194964
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Surgeon, Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
ACCEA National Bronze Award 2014
I have published widely on various clinical aspects of colon and rectal surgery.
- BSc. (Hons) University of London 1987
- MB BS University of London 1990
- MD University of Hull 2000
- FRCS (General Surgery) Royal College of Surgeons England 2001
- International Fellow in Surgical Oncology Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York 1999
- Fellow in Colon and Rectal Surgery Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 2000
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Regional Specialty Adviser, General Surgery Royal College of Surgeons of England 2014
- Chairman of Education and Training Committee and Member of National Executive Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland 2013
- Council Member Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Surgery, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Assocation of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Spire Hull & East Riding Hospital Lowfield...
- 13:30 - 20:30
- 07580 194964
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.