- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Devices: single chamber pacemaker insertion
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR)
- Interventional cardiology
- Percutaneous coronary intervention with/without stenting
- Reporting of echocardiography
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI)
Interventional cardiologist with specific interest in complex coronary anatomy, coronary calcification and concommitant cardiac and renal disease. Clinical lead for transcutaneous aortic valve implantation programme at UHNS. Further interest in alcoholic septal ablation for HOCM, British cardiovascular Society Council member. British Cardiovascular Society Council member.
Areas of interest
Coronary and ischaemic heart disease; Interventional cardiology; Valvular heart disease, TAVI, Renal disease / failure; Nuclear cardiology;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist and Catheter lab director at University hospital of North Staffordshire
Ischaemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, cardiorenal syndrome, TAVI, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and cardiac imaging
All forms of sport, mountaineering, rock-climbing, ski-ing
UHNS staff award for innovation - TAVI team 2011
Best clinical case Euro PCR 2006
(Additional) Languages spoken
More than 30 peer reviewed articles in scientific journals, contribution to 4 text-books.
All-comer (i.e both emergency and elective cases including those suffering from an acute myocardial infarction) percutaneous interventional mortality figures consistently below predicted levels for case complexity, and lower than the departmental average - 1.3% (predicted 2.3%, departmental 2.2%) over a 3 year period. High volume interventional practice consistently over 270 PCI cases per annum.
Patient satisfaction survey results from 360 degree feedback is freely available on request .
- MBChB University of Capetown 1988
- MD University of Capetown 2000
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2007
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 1994
Reference number 3437388
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Elected council member British Cardiovascular Society 2013
- Member of Communication and Education Committee British Cardiovascular Society 2009
- Member of Training and Education Committee British Cardiovascular Intervention Society 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology and GIM, 2000
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians
- Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital
- 13:00 - 17:00
- 01782 478182
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Secretary Rachel Grace 07553 325430