- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
I have been a consultant vascular surgeon since 2002 having graduated from the University of Cambridge. I have served on the Council of the Vascular Surgical Society of Gt Britain and Ireland and regularly examine for the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, and for the European Board of Vascular Surgery. I was elected to the Council of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in April 2020 for a 4 year term.
I submit all my arterial cases to the National Vascular Surgery and have results open to public scrutiny.
My NHS practice is based within the Dorset and Wiltshire Vascular Network centred at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital. Private patients have the choice of consultation and treatments at The Nuffield Bournemouth Hospital, BMI Harbour Hospital, or the Bournemouth Private Clinic.
Areas of interest
Varicose veins, EVLT (laser ablation), peripheral arterial disease system; Thread veins, Aneurysms, Foam sclerotherapy
- Christine Roper
- Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital 67-71 Lansdowne Road Bournemouth BH1 1RW
- 01202 702832
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Lasantha Wijesinghe has worked with Dr Helen Wise at the following hospitals:
- Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital (1-5)
- FRCS (Gen) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2000
- MD University of Leeds 2002
- MA University of Cambridge 1987
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 1994
- MB BChir University of Cambridge 1989
Reference number 3430817
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Examiner for FRCS and FRCS (Vasc) JCIE 2018
- Examiner for FEBVS FEBVS 2018
- Council Member Royal College of Surgeons of England 2020
- Regional Professional Advisor Royal College of Surgeons of England 2018
Affiliations / memberships
Vascular Society of Great Britaain and Ireland
Royal College of Surgeons of England
British Medical Association
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.