- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
I am working as a consultant ENT surgeon with a specialist interest in Sinus disease, facial skin cancer surgery and reconstruction, ear reconstruction, otoplasty, nasal reconstruction, cosmetic and functional rhinoplasty. Also general Ear, Nose and Throat conditions.
I am specialty examiner in UK and Ireland and surgical MRCS examination both national and international.
I teach in various courses on sinus surgery, rhinoplasty and aesthetic surgery.
For last 8 years, I examiner of Intercollegiate FRCS for the Royal colleges of UK and Ireland.
Areas of interest
Rhinology (nasal disorders)Snoring; Facial aesthetic surgery; Rhinoplasty both cosmetic and functional , Nasal reconstruction; Sinus procedures incl. endoscopic sinus surgery; ballon sinuplasty Facial cancer
General Ear, Nose and Throat disorders
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Alexander Binning Fee Assured
- Dr John Alan Davidson Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant ENT surgeon
Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow
BMI cArrickglen Hospital AYR Scotland
nasal and ear reconstructive surgery.
Human mesenchymal stem cells isolated from olfactory biopsies but not bone enhance CNS myelination in vitro.
Golf, walking, travelling
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Urdu - Fluent
- Sindhi - Fluent
1. Unilateral anterior jugular phlebectasia “ journal of otology and laryngology in April 1994, Vol.108 , P352-353.
2. “Button battery in the nose” –an unusual foreign body .published in journal of laryngology and otology, October 1994.
3. “Septocollumellar suture” published in Clinical Otolaryngology journal.
4. Retraction technique in Open-approach rhinoplasty.
J.Laryngol.Otol.2011 Dec: 125 (12) 1270-1
5.Frontalis muscle flap: a novel method for donar site closure of an interpolated paramedian forhead flap.
J Montgomery, ATM Mace, C Cotter and S Sheikh
The journal of laryngology& Otology /volume 124 /issue 04 /April 2010,pp 453-455.
7. 6. How I do it” Excision and reconstruction of chondrodermititis nodularis chronic helices.
Helical rim advancement flap . published in ENT news July/August 2012 /Vol21 No 3.
8. “An interesting case of a wandering foreign body in the tracheobronchial tree”
European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology and head &Neck, May 2005, volume 262, issue 5, pp 426-427.
9. Lindsay SL, Johnstone SA, Mountford JC, Sheikh S, Allan DB, Clark L, Barnett SC. (2013) Human mesenchymal stem cells isolated from olfactory biopsies but not bone enhance CNS myelination in vitro. Glia, 61:368-82.
Courses offered to GPs
talks to local GP surgery
Bothwell Medical Centre
Outcomes for Septoplasty, rhinoplasty and endoscopic sinus surgery
- MBBS Liaquat Medical college , Jamshoro, Pakistan 1978
- MBA Stirling University , Scotland 2003
- FRCSI Royal College of Surgeons in ireland 1987
- FRCS (ORL-HNS) Royal colleges of United Kingdom and Ireland 2001
- DLORCS Royal College of surgeons in England 1985
- FRCS Royal college of surgeons in England 2012
- FRCS Royal college of P&S in Glasgow 2017
- Health Care management University of Stirling 2003
Reference number 3428540
Details of entry to specialist register
- General medical council, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
British Rhinology society
European Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery
- BMI Carrick Glen Hospital, AYr
- 12:00 - 14:30
- 01292 288882
- BMI Ross Hall Hospital, G52 3NQ
- 11:00 - 13:00
- 0141 810 3151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details