- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am working as a consultant ENT surgeon with a specialist interest in Sinus disease , facial skin cancersurgery and reconstruction , ear reconstruction , otoplasty, nasal reconstruction , cosmetic and functional rhinoplasty.
I am speciality examiner in UK and Ireland and surgical MRCS examination both national and international .
I teach in various corses on sinus surgery, rhinoplasty and aesthetic surgery.
Areas of interest
Rhinology (nasal disorders)Snoring; Facial aesthetic surgery;Rhinoplasty both cosmetic and funcional , Nasal reconstruction; Sinus procedures incl. endoscopic sinus surgery; ballon sinuplasty Facial cancer
Genewral Ear, Nose and Throat disorders
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Michael McNeill Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant ENT surgeon and rhinologist
Southern General and victoria Hositals in Glasgow
nasal and ear reconstructive surgery.
Human mesenchymal stem cells isolated from olfactory biopsies but not bone enhance CNS myelination in vitro.
Golf, walking, travelling
1. Unilateral anterior jugular phlebectasia “ journal of otology and laryngology in April 1994, Vol.108 , P352-353.
2. “Button battery in the nose” –an unusual foreign body .published in journal of laryngology and otology, October 1994.
3. “Septocollumellar suture” published in Clinical Otolaryngology journal.
4. Retraction technique in Open-approach rhinoplasty.
J.Laryngol.Otol.2011 Dec: 125 (12) 1270-1
5.Frontalis muscle flap: a novel method for donar site closure of an interpolated paramedian forhead flap.
J Montgomery, ATM Mace, C Cotter and S Sheikh
The journal of laryngology& Otology /volume 124 /issue 04 /April 2010,pp 453-455.
7. 6. How I do it” Excision and reconstruction of chondrodermititis nodularis chronic helices.
Helical rim advancement flap . published in ENT news July/August 2012 /Vol21 No 3.
8. “An interesting case of a wandering foreign body in the tracheobronchial tree”
European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology and head &Neck, May 2005, volume 262, issue 5, pp 426-427.
9. Lindsay SL, Johnstone SA, Mountford JC, Sheikh S, Allan DB, Clark L, Barnett SC. (2013) Human mesenchymal stem cells isolated from olfactory biopsies but not bone enhance CNS myelination in vitro. Glia, 61:368-82.
Courses offered to GPs
talks to local GP surgery
Bothwell Medical Centre
- MBBS Liaquat Medical college , Jamshoro, Pakistan 1978
- MBA Stirling University , Scotland 2003
- FRCSI Royal College of Surgeons in ireland 1987
- FRCS (ORL-HNS) Royal colleges of United Kingdom and Ireland 2001
- DLORCS Royal College of surgeons in England 1985
- Health Care management University of Stirling 2003
Reference number 3428540
Details of entry to specialist register
- General medical council, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
Birtish Medical association
Birtish Rhinology society
- BMI Ross Hall Hospital, G52 3NQ
- 16:30 - 17:30
- 0141 530 8408
- Spire Murrayfield Hospital Edinburgh, EH12 6UD
- 10:30 - 11:30
- 0131 316 2530
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details