- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
Last updated: 29 Jun 2020
- Shoulder & Elbow
I was appointed a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in 1999. I am fellowship-trained in complex shoulder reconstruction and arthroscopy as well as total shoulder replacement surgery and revision surgery. I am also fellowship-trained in knee surgery, cartilage grafting work and arthroscopy.
I run training courses in shoulder surgery throughout the UK to teach the skills involved.
I am active in clinical research.
Areas of interest
• Shoulder surgery • Total Shoulder replacement surgery; Revision shoulder replacement surgery; Reverse geometry shoulder replacement• Shoulder Arthroscopy; Shoulder stabilisation surgery; Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair surgery; Complex shoulder arthroscopic procedures; Superior Capsule Reconstruction for irreparable rotator cuff tears
- Dorothy Christie
- Blackrock House 2-8 Millar Crescent EDINBURGH EH10 5HW
- 0131 446 3048
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Adam Paul Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Royal infirmary of Edinburgh
Rotator cuff tears and repair outcomes and cost effectiveness
Options for patients with massive and irreparable rotator cuff tears
Short-stem shoulder replacement surgery
Shoulder instability surgical outcomes
Mountain and road biking
American British Canadian (ABC) Travelling Fellowship April 2002
BESS award for scientific paper June 2013
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Basic
- Spanish - Basic
Shoulder and Elbow Journal
The Journal of Arthroscopy
Courses offered to GPs
Organised through Spire
All patients have been audited pre and postoperatively within my NHS practice over the last 15 years. This gives me outcome data on most of my patients over a 2 year postoperative period . This data is presented at my appraisal annually.
I have had 8 minor and 2 serious infections over the 15 year period.
Patient satisfaction is over 85%.
- MBBcH University of the Witwatersrand 1988
- FRCS Ed (Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1998
Reference number 3401532
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant orthopaedic Surgeon Royal infirmary of Edinburgh 1999
Details of entry to specialist register
- Julie McBirnie, 1999
Affiliations / memberships
- Spire Shawfair Park Hospital, EH22 1FE
- 12:30 - 18:30
- 0131 654 5600
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.