- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Vascular surgery
Professor Das qualified from India in 1978. He received higher surgical training in Nottingham, Kings College Hospital London and at the Royal Brompton Hospital London. He received training in endovascular surgery at the Arizona Heart Institute, Phoenix, USA in 1993 and in 1995. He was appointed as a senior Lecturer, Consultant Surgeon at the Royal Brompton Hospital, Thrombosis Research Institute and National Heart & Lung Institute London in 1994. He was awarded a Chair at the Brunel University in 2009 through his research collaboration in Carotid Diseases, Development of EVAR devices and research in to Venous Diseases. He is the Director of Clinical studies at the Imperial College, Regional Director for London and a member of the Court of Examiner at the Royal College of Surgeons, England for MRCS and FRCS. He is the Course Director for International Meetings. He is the Council Member for Venous Forum and President Elect for Vascular Medicine at the RSM, London
Areas of interest
Vascular surgery: Aneurysms including Open and Endovascular Repair; Arterial bypass; Carotid surgery / endarterectomy; Treatment for hyperhydrosis, Cervical Ribs; Varicose veins: LASER, VNUS (Radiofrequency), FOAM sclerotherapey; DVT treatment; Laparoscopic cholecystectomy; Hernias, including inguinal hernia; Paraumbilical Hernia, Ventral Hernia
- Amandeep Sahota (NHS Secretary)
- Hillingdon Hospital Pield Heath Road UXBRIDGE UB8 3NN
- 01895 279847
- 01895 259249
- Dr FOSTER
- London Northwest University Healthcare NHS Trust
- Imperial College and medical School, London
- The Hillingdon Hospital and Mount Vernon Hospital
- Royal college of Surgeons of England
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
The Hillingdon Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Uxbridge, London
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
Brunel Institute of Bioengineering
Honorary Senior Lecturer and Director of Clinical Studies,Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London
Regional DIrector for London, Royal College of Surgeons of England
Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR)
Carotid Artery disease
Modern treatment of Varicose Veins
Nature, Music, Charity
Pioneering surgery ‘ Omental transplant’ for limb salvage in diabetic patients.
Featured in BBC News Programme, BBC Tomorrow’s World Programme, and Discovery Channel. Press Coverage in The Daily Mail and other local and national media.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Bengali - Conversational
43. GALA Trial Collaborative Group. General anaesthesia versus local anaesthesia for carotid surgery (GALA): a multicentre, randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2008 Dec 20; 372: 2132-42.
46. Hao Gao a,b, QuanLong c,n, Saroj Kumar Das c,d,1, JustinHalls e, MartinGraves e, JonathanH.Gillard e, Zhi-Yong Li. Study of carotid arterial plaque stress for symptomatic and asymptomatic patients.
Journal of Biomechanics 44 (2011) 2551–2557.
47. Welman K, Bargiela D, Mtl Choong A, Das S. Horner's syndrome: an incidental confounder. Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2012 Jan;73(1):50-1.
48. T Sarvananthan, Professor SK Das. Thrombosis Simplified, Phlebology 2012; 27 Suppl 2: 12-22.
51. Gokulan Phoenix, Mohmmed, Das SK. Pre-operative blood tests in elective general surgery: cost and clinical applications. Journal of Perioperative Practice. 2012.
49. G Phoenix, M Joshi, S Das. Diagnosis and Management of Cellulitis. BMJ 2012; 345 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.e4955 (Published 7 August 2012)
50. T Sarvananthan, Professor SK Das. Thrombosis Simplified, Phlebology 2012; 27 Suppl 2: 12-22.
51. Hao Gao a,b, QuanLong c,n, Saroj Kumar Das c,d,1, JustinHalls e, MartinGraves e, JonathanH.Gillard e, Zhi-Yong Li. Study of carotid arterial plaque stress for symptomatic and asymptomatic patients. Journal of Biomechanics 44 (2011) 2551–2557.
52. SK Das. So which Oral Anticoagulant - Factor Xa Inhibitor or Thrombin Inhibitor? National Medical Journal of India 2014.
54. Saroj Das. Update on FEVAR (Fenestrated Endovascular Aneurysm Repair). Journal of Indian College of Cardiology.Volume 6, Supplement 1, May 2016, Pages 128–131.
55. Review of treatment of varicose veins – Saroj Das. Journal of Indian College of Cardiology.Volume 6, Supplement 1, May 2016, Pages 128–131.
56. Pelvic Congestion Syndrome - Saroj Das. Journal of Indian College of Cardiology.Volume 6, Supplement 1, May 2016, Pages 128–131.
57. New Oral Anticoagulants – Saroj Das. Journal of Indian College of Cardiology.Volume 6, Supplement 1, May 2016, Pages 128–131.
58.Interventions in Patients with Bleeding Diathesis – Saroj Das. Journal of Indian College of Cardiology.Volume 6, Supplement 1, May 2016, Pages 128–131.
59. Diagnosis and Treatment of Subclavian Vein Thrombosis - Saroj Das. Journal of Indian College of Cardiology.Volume 6, Supplement 1, May 2016, Pages 128–131.
Courses offered to GPs
Workshops on Vascular Surgery at Brunel University
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.vascularsociety.org.uk/
Aneurysm Mortality Rate - 1.3% (NVD)
Carotid Surgery - Stroke, Mortality rate - 0%(NVD)
Readmission Rate - ,1%
Postoperative Infection - <2%
Patient satisfaction Rate 95%
- MBBS Utkal University, Orissa, India 1978
- MS (Surgery) AIIMS, New Delhi, India 1980
- MNAMS NBE, India 1982
- FRCS Royal College of Physician & Surgeon, Glasgow 1986
- M Phil Imperial College, London 1996
- Diploma (Laparoscopy) University of Strassbourg, France 2006
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons, England 2011
Reference number 3384349
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Examiner, MRCS, FRCS Royal college of Surgeons, England 2012
- Council Member Venous Forum, Royal Society of Medicine 2008
- Specialty Adviser to NICE Interventional Procedure Programme NICE 2014
- Regional Director for London Royal College of Surgeons of England 2014
- President Elect, Vascular Medicine Royal Society of Medicine, London 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 1996
- Expert panel, European Medical agency, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
European Society of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
International Society of Endovascular Surgery
Royal Society of Medicine
International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Council Member – Venous Forum, Royal Society of Medicine
Faculty Medecins Sans Frontieres (UK)
- BMI Bishops Wood Hospital, HA6 2JW
- 17:00 - 18:30
- 020 8571 9945
- BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital, HA1 3RX
- 11:00 - 12:00
- 020 8571 9945
- Northwick Park Hospital, HA1 3UJ
- 15:30 - 16:30
- 020 8571 9945
- SION Clinic
- 17:00 - 18:00
- 020 8571 9945
- The Hillingdon Hospital NHS Foundation...
- 12:30 - 13:00
- 020 8571 9945
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: saroj.das