- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Lower GI surgery
- Upper GI surgery
I work as a consultant surgeon with an interest in minimal access surgery( Keyhole Surgery). I specialise in the treatment of hernia, gallstones, bowel cancer surgery and endoscopy procedures of the stomach and large bowel including removal of polyps in the colon.
Areas of interest
1.Gallstones: Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
2 .Rectal bleeding,
Investigation of Anaemia,
Change in bowel habit,
4.Bowel cancer surgery including surgery done by keyhole technique
5. Haemorrhoids ("piles"): treatment includes banding of piles, Trans-anal hemorrhoidal artery De-arterialisation and surgical excision of haemorrhoids.
6. Hernia operations-inguinal hernia (laparoscopic), umbilical hernia and incisional hernia using key hole techniques where appropriate
7. Minor Surgery: lumps, cysts and ingrowing toe nails
- Elspeth Haskey
- Spire Methley Park Hospital Methley Lane Methley LEEDS LS26 9HG
- 01977 664230
- Helen Holdsworth
- Pinderfields Hospital Aberford Road WAKEFIELD WF1 4DG
- 01924 542209
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Sandeep Varma Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General & Colorectal surgeon
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield
Visiting Consultant Surgeon
Grange Medical Centre, Hemsworth, Pontefract
National trials in colorectal cancer surgery.
- MB BS Madras Medical College, India 1981
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow 1987
Reference number 3366048
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council - General Surgery, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
Member, British Medical Association.
Member, Association of Colo - Proctology of
GB & I (ACPGBI)
Member of Council of Examiners IMRCS examinations
- Spire Methley Park Hospital, LS26 9HG
- 10:00 - 12:30
- 01977 518518
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Resident Medical Officer
Spire Methley Park Hospital