- Fee assured
- Verified account
Mr Michael Fardy is a Consultant maxillofacial/head and neck surgeon. He is both medically and dentally qualified as well as surgically trained. His interests include Head and Neck oncology, both ablative and reconstructive as well as the full remit of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery and oral medicine. He also has an interest in the management of facial pain - surgically as well as non surgical approaches including acupuncture.
He is a passionate Welsh rugby supporter, and is currently the Maxillofacial surgeon to the Cardiff Blues rugby team; Cardiff Rugby Club and the Welsh Rugby Union.
Areas of interest
Salivary gland disease; Head and neck cancer; Head and neck skin lesions - benign and malignant; Head and neck surgery (oral-maxillo-facial); Facial pain including non surgical approaches - acupuncture ; Oral surgery problems including impacted teeth as well as dental cysts; oral medicine including burning mouth.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Olukorede Adekanye Fee Assured
- Dr Stephen R Froom Fee Assured
His main interests include leading a trial looking into the non surgical management of oral dysplasia.
Also reviewing the management of facial pain
Wales Rugby team
Downs Surgical prize for outstanding contribution to Maxillofacial Surgery
Courses offered to GPs
The management of facial pain
What maxillofacial surgery can offer to GP's
- MB.BS University of London 1987
- BDS ; University of Bristol 1979
- F.F.S.E.M. Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland 2017
- F.D.S.R.C.S Royal College of Surgeons of England 2004
- F.R.C.S Royal College of Surgeons 1992
- F.F.D.R.C.S. Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland 1990
Reference number 3357987
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists 2015
Affiliations / memberships
1. Fellow of the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
2. Fellow of the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
3. Corresponding Fellow of the American Head and Neck Society
4. Member of the European Association of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery.
5. Examiner for the Intercollegiate FRCS in Maxillofacial Surgery
- Croescadarn Road Pentwyn CARDIFF CF23 8XL
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 029 2073 5515
Post treatment communication