- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Spire Norwich Hospital, James Paget University Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Surgical lacrimal
I am a full time NHS consultant with additional responsibilities in education and training. I am Education Superivisor at the James Paget University Hospital, I am an honorary lecturer at the UEA medical school in recognition of my active participation in medical student teaching.
Areas of interest
Reconstructive surgery; Cataract surgery; Oculoplastics; including Blepharoplasty surgery, ptosis correction, ectropion and entropion correction, lacrimal surgery (adult), external and endonasal DCR surgery, treatment of watery eyes, removal of eye lid cancers and lumps in the area around the eyes (periocular), Removal of periocular lumps and bumps, and lesions, including chalazia.
- Anna Ready
- The Global Clinic Colney Hall Watton Road NORWICH NR4 7TY
- 01603 814365
- 01603 814059
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Roger Garforth Not Fee Assured
- Dr Robert J Harwood Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist at
James Paget University Hospital
In oculoplastic, lacrimal and cataract surgery
I take part in research projects through the Skin cancer MDT of which I am a core member.
I have an MD in wound healing.
I play the violin and piano when I can. When not working I enjoy spending time with family and friends and helping my husband work on his vineyard.
Courses offered to GPs
I have set up a GP and optom teaching afternoon at the JPUH which normally runs in the Spring. We invite patients with common and important eye signs and symptoms to take part in an OSCE style teaching afternoon. Details of these courses, talks and seminars are available from my secretary at the JPUH
- MB ChB Sheffield Medical School 1988
- BMed Sci Sheffield Medical School 1987
- MD University of London 2002
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 1995
- Fellowship in Oculoplastics and corneal surgery Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia 2000
Reference number 3355291
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Educational Supervisor JPUH 2013
- Senior Examiner at the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Royal College Of Ophthalmologists 2012
- Honorary lecturer UEA medical school 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Member of the BMA
Founder member of the British Oculoplastics Society
- East Point Consulting RoomsJames Paget...
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 01603 814365
- Spire Norwich Hospital, NR4 7TD
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 01603 814365
Post treatment communication
Out of hours - via NNUH Eye casualty