- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I have trained in Newcastle, Nottingham, North America, Glasgow and Great Ormond Street Hospital. I have been a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon and Urologist in the RHSC (Yorkhill) Glasgow since 2000. I have trained in both general paediatric surgery and paediatric urology. I am currently the President of the British Association of Paediatric Urologists and an assistant editor of the Journal of Pediatric Urology. I am an honorary Senior lecturer at the University of Glasgow and an examiner for the intercollegiate surgical board in urology.
Areas of interest
undescended testes, inguinal hernia, hydrocele, hypospadias; foreskin and penile disorders, urinary tract infection, enuresis and wetting, antenatally diagnosed kidney and bladder abnormalities. prepubertal gynaecology.
- Deborah O'Toole
- 6 Carse View Drive Bearsden GLASGOW G61 3NJ
- 07976 055197
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric Surgeon and Urologist
Royal Hospital for Sick Children Glasgow
Urinary Tract Infection,
I am married with four children.
Journal of Pediatric Urology
Courses offered to GPs
I lecture on a yearly basis to paediatricians, urologists, paediatric surgeons, GPs, Medical Students and nurses.
- MBBS University of Newcastle Upon Tyne 1988
- MD University of Newcastle Upon Tyne 2000
- FRCS(Glasg) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow 1991
- FEAPU Fellow of the European Academy of Paediatric Urology 2005
- Fellowship in Paediatric Urology Great Ormond Street Hospital 1999
Reference number 3354977
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Secretary British Association of Paediatric Urology 2008
- President British Association of Paediatric Urology 2014
- Examiner Intercollegiate Surgical Board Urology 2014
- Assistant Editor Journal of Paediatric Urology 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatric Surgery, 2000
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Paediatric Surgeons
British Association of Paediatric Urologists (president)
British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons
European Society for Paediatric Urology
Fellow European Academy of Pediatric Urology
- Ross Hall Hospital 221 Crookston Road Glasgow...
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 0141 810 3151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details