- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at The Edinburgh Clinic, Spire Shawfair Park Hospital, Spire Murrayfield Hospital Edinburgh .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Surgical retinal
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Retinal disease / surgery; Vitreoretinal surgery
- Shawfair Park Reception
- 0131 654 5600
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant ophthalmologist NHSLothian
Trumpet player in a big band
Skiing and snowboarding
- MB ChB Manchester University 1989
- MRCP(UK) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow 1992
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 1995
- FRCS(ED) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2004
Reference number 3352432
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Membership and communications secretary BEAVRS- British and Eire association of vitreoretinal surgeons 2014
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.