- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Ravi Hehar is a Consultant ENT surgeon at Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals Trust and Honorary Consultant ENT surgeon at the Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford where he undertakes major ear and sinus procedures. He trained in all aspects of general adult and paediatric ENT, with a special interest in diseases of the ear and of the nose and sinuses, including endoscopic sinus surgery. His otology interest includes the management of patients with diseases of the ear, surgical restoration of hearing, hearing loss in children and balance disorders.
Mr Hehar studied at Cambridge University, gaining a Masters degree in medical sciences. After completing his clinical studies at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, he undertook teaching of anatomy to medical students at the Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School in London. Subsequently, he undertook higher surgical training at the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham, and the Leicester and Derby Royal Infirmaries. He was trained by some of the leaders in the specialty including Professor O’Donoghue, Professor Birchall and Professor Jones.
He was awarded the prestigious TWJ Fellowship to the University of Toronto under the mentorship of Professor John Rutka and Professor Michael Hawke. These two gentlemen are leaders in the fields of ear disease and sinus disease respectively. He was able to undertake clinical and research work during this time and has numerous publications and presentations to his name.
Mr Ravi Hehar is on the Specialist Register with the General Medical Council (No. 3336360).
Areas of interest
• ENT • Glue ear • Tonsillectomy • Adenoidectomy • Paediatric ENT • Paediatric otolaryngology • Otology (ears) • Rhinology (nasal disorders) • Nose • Endoscopic procedures • Nasal polyps • Hearing loss • General ENT • Dizziness and balance disorders • BPPV • Menieres
- Michele Burton
- Ashtead Hospital The Warren ASHTEAD KT21 2SB
- 01372 275161
- 01372 277494
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Andrejs Dombrovskis Fee Assured
- Dr Muhammad Masood Khan Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant ENT surgeon at Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals Trust and Honorary Consultant ENT surgeon at the Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford
Awarded the prestigious TWJ Fellowship to the University of Toronto under the mentorship of Professor John Rutka and Professor Michael Hawke. These two gentlemen are leaders in the fields of ear disease and sinus disease respectively. He was able to undertake clinical and research work during this time and has numerous publications and presentations to his name.
Courses offered to GPs
Teaching sessions to GPs offered through the private hospitals practiced from during lunchtimes and evenings.
- BA (Medical Sciences) University of Cambridge 1987
- Bachelor of Surgery University of Cambridge 1989
- Bachelor of Medicine University of Cambridge 1990
- MA (Medical Sciences) University of Cambridge 1991
- FRCS (General Surgery) The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1994
- FRCS (Otolaryngology) The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1995
- FRCS (ORL-HNS) Intercollegiate Examination The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2000
Reference number 3336360
Details of entry to specialist register
- Mr Sukhminderjit Singh Hehar, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Otorhinolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery, Fellow of the American Academy of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, member of the British Medical Association and the Medical Defence Union, member of the Otorhinolaryngology Research Society.
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr S S Hehar via:
1. Secretary Michele Burton on 01372275161 option 3
2. Ashtead Hospital on 01372421400