- Awaiting verification
I am a Consultant in Anaesthesia & Intensive Care, providing routine and emergency care at Calderdale Royal Hospital, Halifax, across the full range of local surgical specialities. I subspecialise in Intensive Care Medicine, and have a significant commitment to this. I also provide a complex vascular access service in the Trust, specialising in tunnelled central venous line such as Portacaths and Groshong lines.
In Private Practice I utilise a range of general and local/regional anaesthetic techniques for all surgical specialities. I also provide a complex vascular access service.
I qualified from Aberdeen University, then trained in General Practice before embarking on a career in Anaesthesia.
Areas of interest
Intensive care; Obstetrics; Complex vascular access
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am a Consultant in Anaesthesia & Intensive Care at Calderdale Royal Hospital, Halifax.
I am the Group Scout Leader for a Group in Halifax, and run the Scout Troop every week. I am a keen outdoorsman, particularly hill walking, climbing and camping. I have a number of international expeditions under my belt, including working for charities in Peru and Nepal, and have been to a number of international World Scout Jamborees.
- MB ChB (Primary Medical degrees) Aberdeen University 1989
- DA (Diploma in Anaesthesia) Royal College of Anaesthetists 1994
- DipIMC (Diploma in Immedicate Medical Care) Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) 1992
- MRCGP (membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners) Royal College of General Practitioners 1993
- FRCA (Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists) Royal College of Anaesthetists 1996
- FFICM (Fellow of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine) Royal College of Anaesthetists 2011
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Transforaminal epidural - (1-5)