- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Chris Driver is a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon and Urologist who was appointed to Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital in 2000. He is also an honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Aberdeen and an examiner for the Intercollegiate Surgical Board in Paediatric Surgery and Urology. He qualified from Aberdeen University Medical School in 1989 and trained in Aberdeen, Manchester, Liverpool and Melbourne. He has a particular interest in day and night wetting and urinary tract infections in children.
Areas of interest
Enuresis; Daytime wetting; Bed Wetting; Urinary tract infections; Prepubertal Gynaecology; General Surgery of Childhood; Hernia; Hydrocele; In-growing Toe Nails; Undescended testes'; Foreskin issues; Hypospadias; “lumps and bumps”; Paediatric surgery; Paediatric urology.
- Susan Smith
- Albyn Hospital 21-24 Albyn Place Aberdeen AB10 1RW
- 01224 577452
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric Surgeon and Urologist, Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital, Aberdeen
Daytime wetting in Children
Fellow of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers (Edinburgh)
1. CP Driver Transport of the Surgical Neonate in Rickhams Neonatal Surgery 2014 (in print)
2.GG Youngson, CP Driver. Paediatric Surgery in The District General Hospital. in Recent Advances in Surgery 29
Selected Peer Reviewed Journal Articles (50 +)
1. Pennel DJ, Georgen N, Driver CP. Non specific abdominal pain is a safe diagnosis. J Pediatr Surg. 2014 Nov:49(11)::1602-4
2. Scrimgeour DS, Driver CP, Stoner RS, King SK, Beasley SW. When does ultrasonography influence management in appendicitis. ANZ J Surg. 2014;84(5):331-4
3. Wohlgemut JM, Morrison JJ, Apodaca AN, Egan G, Sponseller PD, Driver CP, Jansen JO. Demographic and geographical characteristics of pediatric trauma in Scotland. J Pediatr Surg. 2013;48(7);1593-7;
4. Macintosh LA, Scrimgeur D, Youngson GG, Driver CP. The risk of failure after primary orchidopexy: An 18 year review. J Pediatr Urol; 2013:9(6);759-62
6. Clark K, Thomas K, Herd F, Nanthakumaran S, Driver CP. Bile vomiting in paediatrics: what do we really know? Scott Med J. 2011 May;56(2):69-71.
7. Milburn JA, Driver CP, Youngson GG, King PM, MacAulay E, Krukowski ZH. The accuracy of clinical data: a comparison between central and local data collection. Surgeon. 2007 Oct;5(5):275-8.
8. Consensus statement on management of intersex disorders. Hughes IA, Houk C, Ahmed SF, Lee PA; Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society (LWPES)/European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE) Consensus Group. J Pediatr Urol. 2006 Jun;2(3):148-62.
9. Hesketh EA, Anderson F, Bagnall GM, Driver CP, Johnston DA, Marshall D, Needham G, Orr G, Walker K. Using a 360 degrees diagnostic screening tool to provide an evidence trail of junior doctor performance throughout their first postgraduate year. Med Teach. 2005 May;27(3):219-33.
10. Mahomed AA, Driver CP, Nanthakumaran S, Gardner ER, Youngson GG. Congenital funnel anus: investigation and novel management strategy. J Pediatr Surg. 2004 Jul;39(7):1119-21.
11. Suttie SA, Seth S, Driver CP, Mahomed AA. Outcome after intra- and extra-corporeal laparoscopic appendectomy techniques. Surg Endosc. 2004 Jul;18(7):1123-5.
12. Sanders C, Driver CP, Rickwood AM. The anocutaneous reflex and urinary continence in children with myelomeningocele. BJU Int. 2002 May;89(7):720.
13. Kenny SE, Irvine T, Driver CP, Nunn AT, Losty PD, Jones MO, Turnock RR, Lamont GL, Lloyd DA. Double blind randomised controlled trial of topical glyceryl trinitrate in anal fissure. Arch Dis Child. 2001 Nov;85(5):404-7.
Courses offered to GPs
I lecture regularly to GP Update meetings on Paediatric Surgery on request
- MB ChB University of Aberdeen 1989
- FRCS(Ed) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1993
- FRCS(Paed) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1999
- Fellow of Faculty of Surgical Trainers Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2014
Reference number 3324048
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- SAC Paediatric Surgery 2012-17 2017
- Examiner Paediatric Surgery Intercollegiate Exit Exam - Edinburgh and Hong Kong Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh - 2018
- Paediatric Surgery Intercollegiate Exit Exam Board Member Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2017
- Standing Advisory Board for Paediatric Surgery Royal 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatric Surgery, 2000
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Paediatric Surgeons
British Association of Paediatric Urologists
European Society of Paediatric Urologists
Scottish Surgical Paediatrics Society
Faculty of Surgical Trainers (Edinburgh)
- BMI Albyn Hospital, AB10 1RW
- 08:00 - 10:00
- 01224 559959
- BMI National Enquiry Centre booking
- 08:00 - 10:00
- 0808 101 0337