- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon. I was appointed in August 1999. I am an Honorary Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Bath running the specialist Hip Clinic. I trained in Orthopaedics at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore (London) and undertook a Specialist Hip Fellowship with Prof Don Howie in Adelaide, Australia. I am a specialist hip replacement surgeon - my entire elective practice deals solely in patients of all ages who require hip replacement operations, which include primary, revision and resurfacing operations.
Areas of interest
Specialist Hip Surgeon - Primary, Complex and Revision Hip Replacements; Hip Resurfacing; Non-Surgical Management of Hip Disorders;
- Kathy Stoffels
- BMI The Bath Clinic Claverton Down Road Combe Down Bath BA2 7BR
- 01225 838867
- Laura Davies
- Circle Bath Foxcote Avenue Peasedown St John Bath BA2 8SQ
- 01761 422263
- 01761 422233
Anaesthetists worked with
- Bath Anaesthetic Group LLP Not Fee Assured
- Dr Katherine Mitchell Fee Assured
- Dr Patrick Strube Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
The Royal United Hospital, Bath and The Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Bath
Advances in hip replacement surgery.
Soft tissue preserving surgical approaches to the hip.
I take part in the safe introduction of new hip replacement implants ("Beyond Compliance")
Family, travel, sport (rugby, golf, cycling and skiing) and wine!
Gold Medal awarded by the President of the British Association of Surgery to the Knee (BASK) 1997-1999, Mr David Dandy.
Current Orthopaedics and Related Research (CORR)
Courses offered to GPs
Regular educational presentations on behalf of Orthopaedics at CircleBath to health practitioners.
February 2014 - CircleBath Hip Unit came 2nd in the South West, and 27th out of 231 providers nationally, using PROMS (Patient Reported Outcomes Measures) data - February 2014. My aim to to improve this already excellent position even more.
- MB BS University of London (Charing Cross and Westminter Medical School / Imperial College) 1988
- FRCS (Eng) Royal College of Surgeons of England 1993
- FRCS(Orth) Intercollegiate Speciality Diploma in Orthopaedics 1997
- Hip Arthroplasty Fellowship / Lecturer in Orthopaedics University of Adelaide, South Australia 1999
Reference number 3302190
Details of entry to specialist register
- Orthopaedics and Trauma, 1999
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
British Hip Society (BHS)
Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Circle Bath 01761-422201
Bath Clinic 01225-838787