- Fee assured
- Verified account
I qualified from St Mary's Hospital Medical School in 1988 and undertook my junior doctor training there and at Ealing hospital. I began my Rheumatology training at Northwick Park Hospital, before undertaking a PhD at the Middlesex Hospital. I completed my clinical training at the Royal London and Whipps Cross Hospitals.
I was appointed Consultant Physician and Rheumatologist at Luton in 2001 and began my private practice soon afterwards. I am currently the Clinical Director for Rheumatology and have previously held posts on the executive committees of the British Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology, and the British Society for Rheumatology.
I undertake acute general medicine at Luton, as well as adult and paediatric rheumatology clinics. I accept medico-legal instructions and also provide expert advice to the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman.
Areas of interest
Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis; Fibromyalgia; Chronic pain and Chronic Fatigue;
All areas of Paediatric Rheumatology
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Physician and Rheumatologist
Luton & Dunstable University Hospital
Cinema, live music and modular synthesizers.
Keeping old joints moving and old aeroplanes flying.
Courses offered to GPs
I am always very happy to speak at GP education/post-grad education meetings and also for patient interest groups.
- MB BS University of London 1988
- BSc (Neuroanatomy) University of London 1985
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians of London 1999
- PhD - Molecular Pathology University of London 1999
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians of London 2006
Reference number 3279966
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair East Anglian Rheumatology Society 2016
- Eastern Regional Rep British Society for Rheumatology Executive 2016
- Eastern Region Speciality Advisor Royal College of Physicians of London 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- General (Internal) Medicine, 2001
- Rheumatology, 1999
Affiliations / memberships
British Society for Rheumatology (BSR)
Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
MDDUS - M251396
General Medical Council 3279966
- BMI Bishops Wood Hospital, HA6 2JW
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01923 834211
- Spire Harpenden Hospital, AL5 4BP
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 0800 585 112
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Luton & Dunstable Hospital switchboard
who can pass a message to me