- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
13 years experience as an Orthopaedic Consultant with an interest in hip surgery.
Areas of interest
General Orthopaedics, Primary and revision hip surgery
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
The Royal Glamorgan Hospital
Honorary Lecturer in Orthopaedics
Examiner to the Royal College of Surgeons
Higher Surgical Trainer
Established Medicolegal Expert.
My Family, DIY, countryside, Boating, running & Boxing
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Marathi (Marāṭhī)
Research & Publications
1. Aminoglutethemide induced Hyperkalaemia. Davies JP, Bentley P, Ghose RR. British Journal of Clinical Practice 1989. 43:7 263 – 64
2. Isolated Digital Metastasis in Bronchogenic Carcinoma. Davies J P, Stone R I. Palliative Medicine 1990: 4:137 – 38.
3. Intramural Gastric Abscess Mimicking Leiomyoma. Davies J P, Billings P J, Jones MR. Investigative Radiology 1993 28(2):175- 6.
4. A Glucagoma Without Necrolytic Migratory Erythema. Davies J P, Billings PJ, Aubrey D A. Pancreas 1992: &(3) 398 – 400.
5. The Pre-operative Assessment of Patients. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Davies J P, Billings P J. 1993 75(3) 205 - 10
6. Renal Angiomyolipoma Presenting with Diabetic Ketoacidosis. Davies J P, Shrestra B M, Sturdy D E. Journal of the Nepalese Medical Association. 1993: 31: 259 – 261
7. Shotgun Injury to the Abdomen Treated by Wide excision and Latissimus Dorsi Flap. Williams I, Davies J P, Desai A, Shandall A A. Injury 1993 24(9): 639 – 40.
8. Paper Hand Towels: A Hidden Source of Starch in the Operating Theatre. Davies J P, Shandall A A,. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 1994 293:178.
9. Gynaecomastia Associated with Minocycline. Davies J P, Price –Thomas J M,. British Journal of Clinical Practice 1995. 49(4): 179.
10. Acute Liver failure in Association with Fusdic Acid. Davies J P, Alderman PA. The International Journal of Clinical Practice 1997: 51(4): 264.
11. Multiple Primary Malignancies: Case report. Shrestra B M, Davies JP, Stephenson B M. Journal of the Society of Surgeons of Nepal. 1998 1(2): 71 – 73.
- MB BCh Wales 1988
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1993
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthaopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons 2000
- Traveling Fellowship Florida Orthopaedic Institute, Tampa, USA 2000
Reference number 3278130
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Traveling Fellowship AKH Trauma & Orthopaedic Hosipotal, Vienna 2000
Details of entry to specialist register
- CSSD, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Assocaition
British Medical Association
- Spire Hospital Cardiff Pentwyn Cardiff
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 029 2073 5515
- The Grove Medical Center 6 Uplands Terrace...
- 09:30 - 12:00
- 029 2053 0396
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details