- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Accredited Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer the Full Pathway cataract surgery package for Bupa customers ...more
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Spire Norwich Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist Norfolk and Norwich University Trust NHS Foundation Hospital and Cromer and District Hospital
Diabetes and the eye, inflammatory eye disease, diabetic retinopathy screening, ocular involvement in giant cell arteritis,
cycling, skiing, squash, rugby (watching), guitar
recent articles in Diabetes Care, Diabetes Medicine, e BMJ
Courses offered to GPs
Lectures at UEA School of medicine on diabetes and the eye, development of cataract services , inflamatory Eye Disease, red eye, age related macular degenration, management of diabetic macular oedema
- MB ChB University of Birmingham 1987
- Fellow of Royal College of Ophthalmologists (FRCOphth) Royal College of Ophthalmologists 1992
- MD University College London 2000
- Clinical Fellow in Medical Retina and Uveitis Moorfields Eye Hospital 1999
- Research Fellow Institute of Ophthalmology 1994
Reference number 3266791
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Director Department of Ophthalmology Norfolk and Norwich University Trust Foundation NHS Hospital 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Roytal College of Ophthalmologists, 1992
Affiliations / memberships
- Hill House Consulting Rooms Spire Norwich...
- 13:00 - 18:00
- 01603 271644
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr Colin Jones