- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Benign Prostate disorders
- General urology
- Urological oncology
Mr Sergey Tadtayev is a Consultant Urological Surgeon, with NHS practice at Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Having graduated from Kharkov State Medical University, Ukraine in 2002, he undertook his foundation and core surgical training at Addenbrookes, Cambridge and various hospitals around East Anglia. He trained in Urology in the North Thames region and was awarded his Royal College Fellowship and Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in 2017, after spending the senior training years in the Departments of Urology at the Lister, Royal Free and Royal Marsden hospitals. He completed a post-CCT Robotic Fellowship in Renal Cancer at the Frimley Park Hospital.
Patient experience and high care quality are very important to Mr Tadtayev. At ASPH, he is the Urology Clinical Governance lead and works on developing clinical pathways for emergency urology care.
A non-dogmatic approach, holistic assessment and shared decision making are the cornerstones of his philosophy of patient care.
Areas of interest
Mr Sergey Tadtayev has a specialist interest in Uro-oncology. At Ashford & St Peters Hospital, he is a member of the prostate diagnostic team and performs laser treatment of bladder tumours. He undertakes open and minimally invasive surgery for kidney cancer and works closely with Frimley Park Renal Cancer Centre.
Mr Tadtayev is experienced in all aspects of general urology:
- contemporary interventions on the enlarged prostate (laser operations, Urolift, prostate artery embolisation, Rezum),
- management of lower urinary tract symptoms,
- investigations of the blood in the urine, elevated PSA and scrotal lumps,
- treatment of recurrent UTIs, urinary tract stones, men’s sexual health issues and chronic painful conditions of the urogenital tract.
He has a particular interest in the management of nocturia (waking up to pass urine), which he approaches from a multi-disciplinary perspective, working closely with his medical colleagues to address this challenging-to-treat symptom.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Russian - Native or bilingual
- FRCS Urol The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2017
- Ph.D. Brunel University 2007
Reference number 6106548
Details of entry to specialist register
- Urology, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)
European Association of Urology (EAU)