- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Adam Moors trained in medicine at St Mary’s Hospital in London between 1982 and 1987. He was awarded the degree of MB BS. He trained in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, initially at The Samaritan Hospital for Women and St Mary’s Hospital in London before moving on to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
He became a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 1993. He was then elevated to become a Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 2005.
He went on to gain an MD research thesis studying the immunobiology of the female genital tract. He is currently involved in active research into the causes and treatment of endometriosis and has written widely on the subject, both in medical journals and text books.
Mr Moors specialises in gynaecological endoscopic surgery. His training in this innovative area of surgery was both in this country and in the world renowned centre for endoscopic surgery in Clermont Ferrand in France. He particularly specialises in the laparoscopic surgical treatment of endometriosis and runs specialist clinics for the management of this often severe and debilitating condition. He is currently the National Lead for endometriosis through the British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy and is establishing a national network of centres for advanced laparoscopy in endometriosis. Laparoscopic surgery is also a vital tool for the management of many other benign gynaecological conditions and this has generated significant interest in the areas of reproductive medicine and the management of pelvic pain. Mr Moors and Mr Louden specialise in a laparoscopic approach to hysterectomy and use this key hole approach in over 90% of hysterectomies.
Membership of Societies
Board member of the British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy, European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy and the World Endometriosis Society.
He was appointed Consultant Gynaecologist to the Southampton University Hospital Trust in 1999.
Areas of interest
• Endometriosis • Endoscopic procedures • Hysteroscopic surgery • Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery') • Gynaecology; paediatric and adolescent gynaecology; fibroids and menstrual disorders; heavy bleeding; painful periods; painful sex; pelvic pain; myomectomy; Novasure ablation; hysterectomy; lower abdominal pain; polycystic ovaries; intermenstrual bleeding; cervical smear
- Suzi Heal
- Gynaechoice Ltd Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital Winchester Road Chandler's Ford EASTLEIGH SO53 2DW
- 023 8027 3142
- 023 8026 7029
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Patrick Butler Not Fee Assured
- Dr Dominic Richardson Not Fee Assured
- Dr David J Sparkes Not Fee Assured
- Dr Richard Isaacs Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecologist at the Princess Anne Hospital in Southampton
Reference number 3258088