- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Master's degree (MSc) in Internal Medicine from Cairo University, Egypt in 2002 (recognized by NARIC as equivalent to UK MSc) and completed a dissertation titled “Virtual Colonoscopy”.
He obtained MRCP UK in 2011 and Speciality Certificate Examination (SCE) in Gastroenterology in 2016 (The Federation of Royal colleges of Physicians UK & British Society of Gastroenterology). He joined the UK in 2015 and is currently a Consultant Gastroenterologist at Princess Alexandra Hospital (PAH) and the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) service lead. He has been on the GMC Specialist registration since April 2021.
Areas of interest
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) including Ulcerative colitis; Crohn’s disease; and Microscopic colitis.
Upper and lower GI disorders including dyspepsia; heartburn; gastro-oesophageal reflux; dysphagia; achalasia; abdominal pain; peptic ulcer disease; gastritis; duodenitis; malabsorption; coeliac disease (gluten-sensitive enteropathy), anaemia secondary to gastro-intestinal blood loss; diarrhoea; constipation; irritable bowel syndrome (IBS); diagnosis of gastric and colon cancer; rectal bleeding; colonic polyps; bile acid malabsorption; and liver diseases.
He has Joint Advisory Group of GI Endoscopy (JAG) accreditation in diagnostic gastroscopy (OGD) and colonoscopy. He is an interventional endoscopist and endoscopy trainer as well.
His key performance indicators for endoscopy are well above the nationally recommended standards e.g., the completion rate for colonoscopy is about 94% (recommended level-90%).
Current NHS consultant posts held
Gastroenterology Consultant at Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Native or bilingual
- Specialty Certificate Examination, Gastroenterology The Federation of Royal colleges of Physicians UK & British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG) 2016
- MRCP, UK The Royal colleges of Physicians UK 2011
- Master Science (MSc) in Internal Medicine Cairo University, Egypt, (Recognized by NARIC as equivalent to UK MSc) 2002
- MB BCh Minia University, Egypt 1995
- Certification of competency in Colonoscopy Joint Advisory Group on GI Endoscopy (JAG) 2018
- Certification of competency in Upper GI Endoscopy (Gastroscopy) Joint Advisory Group on GI Endoscopy (JAG) 2018
- Training The colonoscopy Trainers Joint Advisory Group on GI Endoscopy (JAG) 2016
Reference number 7483490
Details of entry to specialist register
- Gastroenterology specialist register, GMC 7483490, 2021
Affiliations / memberships
1. Member of the British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG): January 2017.
2. Member of the British Medical Association (BMA): January 2017.
3. Member of the Royal College of Physicians (London), 12 May 2016.
4. Member of Medical Defence Union (MDU), September 2015.
5. General Medical Council UK: Full registration, GMC No 7483490, 19 September 2014.
- High Wych RoadSAWBRIDGEWORTHCM21 0HH
- 06:30 - 09:00
- 01279 602686