- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 29 Jun 2020
- Benign Prostate disorders
- Urinary tract stones
- Urological oncology
I have 22 years experience as a Consultant. I am an expert in laser prostate surgery and REZUM for BPH. I perform MRI fusion template biopsy for prostate cancer diagnosis and I am the first surgeon trained to insert a Prospace balloon prior to radiotherapy (proton and photon).
I perform a wide range of diagnostics - including cystoscopy and urodynamics.
I am also proficient at laser treatment and keyhole surgery for kidney stone disease.
Areas of interest
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH);
Greenlight Laser prostatectomy;
Bipolar TURP (TURIS);
MRI fusion template perineal prostate biopsies;
Insertion of a Prospace balloon spacer;
PCNL (key-hole surgery for renal stones);
holmium laser surgery for renal and ureteric stones;
- Jenine Hilier
- Dept of Urology Template 15,Urology Diagnostic Unit Princess of Wales Hospital Coity Road Bridgend CF31 1RQ
- 01656 752889
- 07989 359575
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Eirwyn B Howells Not Fee Assured
Welsh Surgeon of the year 2019 (Argus Health and Care Awards)
Chairman and Co-founder of Prostate Cymru Charity (2004- present)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Welsh - Native or bilingual
Goliath Study - Principal Investigator 2010-2016.
1.Two yr outcomes after aquablation compared to TURP: Efficacy and ejaculatory improvements sustained. April 2019
2. WATER- A double blind randomised controlled trial of aquablation vs TURP in BPH. Jan 2018
3. 180-W XPS GreenLight Laser Vaporisation versus TURP for the treatment of benign prostate obstruction: 6-month safety and efficacy results of a European multi centre randomised trial- The Goliath Study. Nov 2013
Courses offered to GPs
I performed over 50 (in 2019) talks prostate disease to companies and GPs through Wales annually via prostate Cymru charity.
I have also produced an on-line portal for GPs to access on BPH and prostate cancer diagnostics.
- BAUS Section of Oncology Member BAUS 2005
- BAUS Section of Urology Member BAUS 2006
- SIU memebr Society International urology 2019
Reference number 3252604
- BancyfelinCARMARTHENSA33 5NT
- 08:00 - 12:30
- 01267 211500
- Coity RoadBRIDGENDCF31 1RQ
- 12:30 - 17:00
- 01656 754321
- Nuffield Vale Hospital
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 029 2083 6714
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, we will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
or a patient treated at a Nuffield hospital - 02920 836700