- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
Lesley qualified from University of Strathclyde in 1995 and initially worked in several GP surgeries alongside her role at Glasgow Caledonia University as a student counsellor. She continued her studies achieving a further post graduate award in 1998 specific to working in primary care settings. While working within the NHS in Lanarkshire and Glasgow, she was instrumental in setting up and evaluating pilot schemes within GP practice and Occupational Health which subsequently became the forerunner for the primary care counselling services on offer today in Scotland.
For the past twenty plus years she has continued to have a successful private practice offering 1:1 and couple counselling. Lesley works for various employee assistance programmes as an affiliate, consultant and trainer. She is also a qualified clinical supervisor and trauma worker. Specialising in work related stress, she also provides bespoke stress management training to private and public sector organisations.
Areas of interest
* Stress awareness/stress management particularly work related stress.
* Depressive illness.
* Relationship issues, including couple counselling.
* Bereavement & other areas of loss and change.
* The impact of physical health issues on mental health.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
- Diploma in Counselling University of Strathclyde 1995
- Post Graduate Diploma in Primary Care University of Strathclyde 1998
- Certificate in Supervision PCT Glasgow 1998
- Diploma in Freelance & Feature Writing (with distinction) London School of Journalism 2011
- Critical Incident training CMR Ltd 2003
- Psychological First Aid Optum Health Solutions 2018
Affiliations / memberships
Senior MBACP Accredited
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details