- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Spire Harpenden Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
I am a full time NHS consultant at the Sussex Eye Hospital, with interests in cataract surgery, paediatric ophthalmology, neuro-ophthalmology, and emergency eye care.
In and around Brighton, I can see adult and paediatric BUPA patients at the Sussex Eye Hospital and Princess Royal Hospital, and also operate on children at the Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital, provided they have pre-authorisation from BUPA.
I am married with 4 children, and I live in Hertfordshire, where I can see and treat adult private patients at Spire Hospital Harpenden. This hospital also allows children aged 3-16 years to be seen, but not treated.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Paediatric ophthalmology; Strabismus ('squint'); Neuro-ophthalmology
- Becky Edwards (Appointments, Invoices, Payments)
- Medical Business Management Solutions Ltd. Unit 10 Centre One Old Sarum Park Lysander Way Old Sarum Salisbury SP4 6BU
- 01722 445672
- 0872 111 3667
- Miriam Prior (Private Patients Coordinator SEH)
- Private Patients & Overseas Co-Ordinator BSUH Main Entrance St Marys Hall Eastern BN2 5JF
- 01273 523255
- 01273 664942
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr James Keogh Fee Assured
- Dr Peter Goldberg Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist at
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Trust - Sussex Eye Hospital,
Princess Royal Hospital Haywards Heath, and
Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital Brighton.
Music and sport, reading and dogs
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 1990
- MBBS London 1987
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 1992
Reference number 3243024
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 1998
- Princess Royal Hospital, Lewes Road, HAYWARDS...
- 12:30 - 13:00
- 01722 445672
- Spire Harpenden Hospital, Ambrose Lane,...
- 09:30 - 12:30
- 0800 585 112
- Sussex Eye Hospital, Eastern Road, BrightonBN2 5BF
- 17:00 - 18:00
- 01722 445672
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Spire Harpenden patients- please call Ambrose Ward on 01582 714427
Sussex patients- please call Pickford Ward on 01273 664881