- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
• I am lead for Southampton Asthma and Allergy Centre, which has recently won the award of "World Centre of Excellence" by the World Allergy Organisation. I lead asthma and allergy services to the Wessex region based at University Hospital Southampton. The service is approved for specialist commissioning by NHS England and registered with IQAS (Improvement in Quality of Allergy Service, through Royal College of Physicians.
• I am Director of David Hide Asthma & Allergy Centre on the Isle of Wight and Associate Editor of Clinical & Experimental Allergy Journal.. I am a member of: (i) CRG for Allergy & Clinical Immunology, NHS England, (ii) served on NICE asthma diagnostics Committee, (iii) British Society of Allergy & Clinical Immunology Council, (iv) European and US Guideline Committee for Food Allergy, and (v) NIH (USA) Expert panel.
• I have published over 200 scientific articles in high impact journals, several books and book chapters and made >100 presentations at international conferences. I have been awarded >10 research grants totalling in excess of £20m from National Institute of Health Research (NIHR), Medical Research Council and National Institute of Health (NIH), USA. I am training/have trained a number of juniors and supervise several PhD/DM at University of Southampton. I lead the undergraduate Allergy Curriculum and the MSc Food Allergy module and coordinate Year 3 Respiratory SSU.
Areas of interest
Allergies; Asthma; Food Allergy; Urticaria; drug allergy
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant physician and Allergists at:
Southampton General Hospital,
Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospital
St. Mary's Hospital, Isle of Wight.
World Centre of Excellence 2014
Pfizer Professor 2004
Outstanding clinical Abstract 1992
Over 150 scientific publications
Several books and book chapters
Author of international guidelines
Courses offered to GPs
Southampton Annual GP Course
Bournemouth Annual GP Course
- MBBS University of Karachi 1979
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 1986
- DM University of Southampton 1992
- Clinical Fellow Johns Hopkins University 1994
Reference number 3236154
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Council Member British Society of Allergy & Clinical Immunology 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- General and Respiratory Medicine, 1999