- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Home chemotherapy
Dr David Levy is a Consultant Physician and Geriatrician. He studied medicine in South Africa and continued his higher medical training in London, based at the Royal Free Hospital and various district general hospitals within the North Thames region.
Dr David Levy was appointed as a Consultant at Barnet General Hospital (now part of the Royal Free group) in 1995. He is head of the department of medicine for the elderly which has 20 consultant geriatricians. He runs a high-volume and busy Medical and Geriatric service based at Barnet General Hospital and also participates in the medical liaison service provided to post-operative patients at the Royal National Orthopaedic hospital in Stanmore.
Dr David Levy provides both outpatient consultation as well as inpatient admission for patients of all ages, and is happy to see patients with a wide variety of medical problems. He has a special interest in Medicine for the Elderly, providing both acute care and rehabilitation through his multidisciplinary team.
Dr Levy provides the following services for patients:
• Outpatient consultations for complex medical problems in adults
• In-patient medical care for a wide range of acute illnesses, including acute medical admissions
• Comprehensive outpatient and inpatient Geriatric Assessment and management
1. Royal College of Physicians
2. British Geriatrics Society
Areas of interest
• Patients with multiple and complex medical conditions
• Cardio–respiratory disease
• Falls assessments
• Rehabilitation medicine
• Peri-operative assessment
• Medication review
- Debra Pittal
- Barnet General Hospital Wellhouse Lane Barnet EN5 3DJ
- 07743 764882
- 07743 764882
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am a Consultant Physician and Geriatrician at Barnet General Hospital, part of the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.
I am also a consultant on the Medical Liaison team providing medical consultation to post-operative patients at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore.
- MBBCh University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa 1985
- FRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians, London 1990
Reference number 3225541
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
Member of the British Geriatrics Society
Member of the HCSA (Hospital Consultants and Specialists Association)
Member of the Medical Defence Union
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.