- Fee assured
- Verified account
Mr David Ellul is a Consultant ENT Surgeon with a sub-specialist interest in disorders of the nose and sinuses, endoscopic sinus surgery, rhinoplasty, and facial skin lumps and tumours.
He qualified in 2003 and after completing his post-graduate basic surgical training he entered a 6-year higher surgical training programme in Otolaryngology (ENT) in the East of Scotland Deanery with training in all aspects of ear, nose, throat and neck surgery. He subsequently completed a further 1-year advanced Rhinology training fellowship in Brisbane, Australia where he focussed on nasal and sinus disorders and endoscopic sinus surgery, open and closed septorhinoplasty, and anterior skull base surgery.
Mr Ellul was appointed a Consultant in ENT with a subspecialty interest in Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde at the New Victoria Hospital and Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in 2019. He is involved in postgraduate teaching and training of ENT surgeons in the West of Scotland and in the National Registrar training days, and is a faculty member on the FRCS examination preparatory course. He is also involved in teaching of medical students at the University of Glasgow.
Areas of interest
Rhinoplasty (cosmetic and functional); septoplasty; facial skin lump removal; advanced sinus surgery; tonsillectomy; surgery for blocked nose
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant ENT Surgeon
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
1. Lee A, Ellul D, Earnshaw J, Sommerville J, Bony Orbital changes in Allergic Fungal Sinusitis are reversible after surgery. Orbit 2020 39(1):45-47
2. Ellul D, Mohamad S, Mohammed M, Spielmann P, Hussain M. Recurrent acute otitis media in children: a prospective study of outcome following a 6-week course of oral antibiotics. The Otorhinolaryngologist 2015 8(2):65-70
3. Smillie I, Ellul D, Townsley R, James A, Clark B, Petty RKH, Clark L. Head drop syndrome secondary to multimodality treatments for head and neck cancer. The Laryngoscope 2013 123(4):938-941
4. Long L, Ellul D. Sore throat. Innovait 2013 6(5): 275-282
5. Ellul D, Sheikh S. How I do it: Retraction technique in open approach rhinoplasty. J Laryngol Otol 2011; 125(12):1270-1.
6. Ellul D, Townsley RB, Clark LJ. Does the pre-operative serum phosphate level predict early hypocalcaemia following parathyroidectomy for primary hyperparathyroidism? The Surgeon 2013 (11):125-129
7. Anderson R, Rigg C, Ellul D, Robson A. Laryngeal cancer. Innovait 2010; 3:415-421
8. Ellul D, Robson A. Audit of Handover in an ENT unit. J Laryngol Otol 2011; 125:924-927
9. Cassar M R, Ellul D, Mintoff T, Camilleri M. A review of the practice of requesting skull X-rays from the Emergency Department at St. Luke’s Hospital. Malta Medical Journal 2008; 20:15-18.
10. Ellul D, Cutajar J, Borg Xuereb H, Said M. Nasopharyngeal carcinoma presenting as carotidynia in an eighteen-year old patient. J Laryngol Otol 2008; 122:207-209.
- FRCS(ORL & HNS) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2016
- DOHNS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2008
- Fellowship in Advanced Rhinology and Skull base surgery Royal Brisbane and Womens' Hospital, Brisbane 2018
Reference number 6161047
Details of entry to specialist register
- Otorhinolaryngology, 2017
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Urgent communication should be via my secretary (number provided on profile and all clinic letters) or via email directly to myself (email address provided on all clinic letters)