- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Spire Portsmouth Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Surgical lacrimal
I am a Consultant Ophthalmologist of over 18 years experience with an NHS practice at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth.
I trained in Edinburgh with specialty training in Newcastle, UK and Sydney, Australia
Areas of interest
Cataracts; Oculoplastics; Eyelid surgery; Entropion; Ectropion; Ptosis; Eyelid tumours; Eyelid cysts; Watery eyes; Orbital disorders; Corneal disease; Ocular oncology; Cataract surgery; Glaucoma; Lacrimal disorders;
- Rosemary Kemp
- Optegra Eye Hospital Fusion 3 1200 Parkway Whiteley Fareham PO15 7AD
- 01329 316706
- 01329 316799
- Sarah Evans
- Unit 10 Centre One Old Sarum Park Lysander Way Old Sarum Salisbury SP4 6BU
- 01722 581582
- Sharon Phillips
- Spire Portsmouth Hospital Bartons Road HAVANT PO9 5NP
- 023 9235 1991
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Daniel Connor Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
Cataract and Oculoplastic surgery outcomes.
Innovative surgical techniques
Sport, music and art
I played rugby when I was younger but now play regular tennis and golf with occasional kitesurfing.
I play the flute and piano and enjoy watercolour painting.
President of the Southern Ophthalmological Society
(Additional) Languages spoken
Eye (the Journal of the Royal College)
British Journal of Ophthalmology
American Journal of Ophthalmology
European Journal of Ophthalmology
Australian and NZ Journal of Ophthalmology
Courses offered to GPs
I lecture twice a year to GPs at Chilworth Manor Conference centre.
The courses are organised by the Wessex Deanery
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/1470090/6/National%20Ophthalmology%20database%20study%201%20.pdf
The headline complication rate of posterior capsular rupture for cataract surgry was 1.95% (1.6% for consultants)
My personal figures for this headline complication rate over the last 4 years (up to Dec 2016) show a rate of 0.24% which is several times better than this headline reported rate.
- MB ChB Edinburgh University 1986
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) 1992
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 1992
- Fellow Sydney Eye Hospital 1995
Reference number 3204216
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Associate Editor "Eye" Journal of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2016
- Member of Council Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2016
- Member of Council British Oculoplastic Surgical Society (BOPSS) 2015
- President Southern Ophthalmological Society (SOS) 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
British Oculoplastic Surgical Society (BOPSS)
- Optegra Eye Hospital, Fusion 3, 1200 Solent...
- 13:30 - 18:00
- 01329 316706
- Spire Portsmouth Hospital, Bartons Road HAVANT...
- 13:30 - 17:30
- 023 9235 1991
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details