- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Head & neck oncology
As a full time NHS consultant I am involved in a very busy practice dealing with all aspects of ENT both elective and acute. My sub-speciality interests include neck lumps, thyroid and salivary gland conditions, hoarse voice, sore throats and dysphagia. On the NHS I run a voice clinic and a specialist dysphagia clinic. I am currently the departmental lead for audit and clinical governance. I have a role in teaching both junior doctors and nursing staff. I teach on the Bristol head and neck dissection course and participate in medical student teaching from Bristol University. I have been a clinical supervisor for a PhD thesis and an MSc thesis. I have had a number of audit and case report publications over the last few years.
Areas of interest
Voice disorders, sore throats and dysphagia; neck lumps; thyroid and salivary gland; General ENT conditions including nasal problems; paediatric ENT conditions; ear micro suction.
- Sue Morris
- Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital Hatherley Lane CHELTENHAM GL51 6SY
- 01242 370512
- 01242 321008
- Winfield Hospital Tewkesbury Road Longford GLOUCESTER GL2 9WH
- 01452 337274
- 01452 331200
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Sarah Elizabeth Bakewell Not Fee Assured
- Dr David Goodrum Not Fee Assured
- Dr Warren Doherty Not Fee Assured
- Dr Robert Orme Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
NHS Consultant ENT Surgeon, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Cheltenham General Hospital
Gloucester Royal Hospital
North Cotswold Hospital
The early diagnosis of head and neck cancer
Hill walking and climbing
Lionel College Memorial Fellowship, Royal College of Surgeons, 1994
The meaning and impact of head and neck cancer. Journal of Constructivist Psychology.22:1-31, 2009
A Diagnostic Atlas of Tumours of the Upper Aero-digestive Tract. Contributing to 6 chapters. Published by Informa Healthcare May 2012.
Discrimination between benign, primary and secondary malignancies in lymph nodes from the head and neck utilising Raman spectroscopy and multi variate analysis. The Royal Society of Chemistry, December 2012.
Courses offered to GPs
Visiting GP practices for updates in the management of ENT conditions, ranging from the hoarse voice, dysphagia, neck lumps and balance problems.
- BSc (Honours) Cardiff University 1982
- MBBS Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School 1987
- FRCS (General Surgery) Royal College of Surgeons England 1991
- FRCS (Otolaryngology) Royal College of Surgeons England 1993
- FRCS (ORL) Intercollegiate Colleges of Surgeons 1997
- Visiting Fellow Yale University School of Medicine, USA 1994
- Fellow University of Leuven, Belgium 1997
Reference number 3200339
Affiliations / memberships
British Medical Association
Fellow of The Royal Society of Medicine
Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
British Association of Otorhinolaryngologists-Head and Nech Surgeons (ENT-UK)
Medical Defence Union
General Medical Council
- Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital, GL51 6SY
- 14:00 - 17:30
- 01242 370520
- Winfield Hospital, GL2 9EE
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 01452 337274
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.