- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Paediatric cardiology
I am an experienced consultant in paediatric and fetal cardiology with 20 years experience as a consultant. My training was in the UK and USA and I have published over 200 scientific publications in the field. I am Professor of Paediatric and Fetal Cardiology at King's College London.
My particular interests include specialist imaging of the heart including prenatal diagnosis of cardiac problems and three-dimensional echocardiography.
Areas of interest
Echocardiography; Paediatric cardiology; fetal cardiology; prenatal diagnosis; murmur; fetal echocardiography; transoesophageal echocardiography; cardiac imaging; heart murmur
- Private patients manager
- Department of Congenital Heart Disease Evelina London Children's Hospital Westminster Bridge Road London SE1 7EH
- 020 7188 9687
- 020 7188 2307
- Personal fetal cardiology website : http://www.fetalcardiology.co.uk
- Training courses offered for professionals : http://www.evelinacourses.org.uk
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Paediatric and Fetal Cardiology
Evelina London Children's Hospital
Guy's and St Thomas NHS Trust
Three dimensional echocardiography to guide surgical and catheter interventions.
2. Prenatal diagnosis and management of caongenital heart disease.
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
Holder of national clinical excellence award
President elect of British Congenital Cardiac Association
All major relevant journals including Circulation, Heart, Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Journal of Cardiology, European Heart Journal Cardiovascular imaging, Cardiology in the Young, Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography
Courses offered to GPs
I give the "Heart Checks" component of the annual child health surveillance course held at the National Heart and Lung Institute
The Evelina Children's Hospital is the first children's hospital to be rated "Outstanding" by the Care Quality Commission in 2016.
The Evelina Children's Hospital submits all outcome centrally to the Central Cardiac Audit Database. Our data quality is >98%.
The paediatric cardiology uniy received the highest UK rating in the NHS "Safe and Sustainable" review into children's cardiac services
- MB ChB University of Edinburgh 1987
- BSc University of Edinburgh 1985
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 1990
- MD University of London 2000
- Paediatric Cardiology Fellowship University of California, San Francisco 1998
Reference number 3197752
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Congenital Cardiac Association Council BCCA 2019
- Congenital Heart Disease certification committee member European Association of Echocardiography 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatric Cardiology, 1998
- Paediatrics , 1995
Affiliations / memberships
British Cardiovascular Society
British Congenital Cardiac Association
Association for European Paediatric Cardiology
European Association of Echocardiography
European Society of Cardiology (Fellow)
International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department Of Congenital Heart Disease Evelina...
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 020 7188 2308
- Fetal Cardiology Unit , Evelina Children's
- 08:00 - 18:00
- 020 7188 2308
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
On call paediatric cardiology specialist registrar, 020 7188 7188 bleep 1344.
This service is available 24/7
Prof Simpson will be contacted direct by the on call team.