- Fee assured
- Verified account
Dr Shah has over 25 years experience in dermatology and started as a consultant dermatologist in 1998. He has published 2 medical books and over 40 articles in international journals. He has a keen interest in teaching and research and has a postgraduate certificate in medical education. He has qualifications in teaching (PGCert Med Ed).
Areas of interest
Genital dermatology; Dermatological surgery; Skin tumours / cancer/ oncology/
- Julie Fairfield
- Spire Dewsbury Cullingworth Street DEWSBURY WF13 4AN
- 01924 410610
- Julie Shanker
- The Huddersfield Hospital Birkby Hall Road Huddersfield HD2 2BL
- 01484 550470
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant dermatologist at Burnley General Teaching Hospital & Blackburn Royal Infirmary
Male genital skin disease, skin cancer
Author of textbook "The Male Genitalia"
Author of "Eczema passport"
Chapter author "ABC of Sexual Health"
Over 40 scientific articles in international journals
Featured on Channel 4's "Embarrassing bodies" programme.
I have recently audited the last 700 men I have seen with a genital skin problem. This showed complete clearance of symptoms in 78% of patients. See Shah M, Clinical outcomes in a specialist male genital clinic. Clinical & Experimental Dermatology 2017.
- MB ChB University of Birmingham 1988
- MD University of Birmingham 2000
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians of London 2002
- Postgraduate Certificate of Education (medical education) Edge Hill University 2018
Reference number 3197130
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC specialist register dermatology, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Dermatologists
British Society for Cutaneous Allergy
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
North of England Dermatological Society