- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Consultant Chest Physician at the Western General Hospital, Edinburgh.
Within respiratory medicine sub-speciality interests include asthma, chronic bronchitis and emphysema, COPD and airways disease.
Graduated from the University of Edinburgh, specialist training and research posts in both Edinburgh and London.
Previously consultant physician in respiratory and general medicine at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for 17 years before returning to Edinburgh in 2016 to current post.
Areas of interest
Asthma; Difficult Asthma; COPD; Chronic Bronchitis; Emphysema; Airways Disease; Bronchiectasis; Adults
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Physician in Respiratory & General Internal Medicine at Western General Hospital, Edinburgh
- MB ChB University of Edinburgh 1986
- MRCP (UK) Royal Colleges of Physicians of United Kingdom 1991
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians of London 2003
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2009
- MSc University College London & Royal College of Physicians of London 2015
- CCST in Respiratory and General Medicine Specialist Training Authority of The Medical Royal Colleges 1999
Reference number 3188804
- 10 Easter ShawfairEDINBURGHEH22 1FE
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 0131 654 5600
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details