- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
I have been a consultant for over 19 years and see over 1800 patients annually. I operate on between 300 - 350 women per year within the NHS and private sector.
I am a general gynaecologist with a special interest in abnormal smears, pelvic and vaginal pain. I also see children from aged 12 onwards.
Last year I performed over 60 abdominal hysterectomies and vaginal repairs. I undertook 116 operations in the private sector in 2015-16 with a re-admission rate of 0%. I had 1 return to theatre (1.2%) which is very low compared to the normal population.
I regularly audit my performance and have score 5.8/6 for patient satisfaction.
Areas of interest
urinary problems including infection and incontinence;
pelvic organ prolapse;
localised provoked vulvodynia;
vulval pain syndrome
- Keely Thomas
- BMI The Priory Hospital Priory Road Edgbaston BIRMINGHAM B5 7UG
- 0121 449 7438
- 07852 901405
- 0121 449 7438
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist,
SWBH NHS Trust,
Risk and Governance i.e. patient safety
Walking my dogs.
I rescue abused animals.
Good food and wine
All types of music.
Caring for my family despite being teenagers/young adults.
I am advisor to most national newspapers including The Mail.
I was the expert gynaecologist to Embarrassing Bodies 2012 - 2013.
I have recently been appointed to sit on the Medical Fitness to Practice Panel branch of the GMC.
Courses offered to GPs
I give regular talks to GP practices and study days on issues relating to GP care of women with gynaecological problems.
Private Practice Outcomes 2015 - 201
Number of patients seen in clinic = 682
Number of operations= 116
Return to theatre 1.2%
"Thank yous" = 67
- MB Bch BAO National University Of Ireland University College Dublin 1985
- MD National University Of Ireland University College Dublin 1999
- Member of the Royal College Of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Royal College Of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 1991
- Fellow of the Royal College Of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Royal College Of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2005
- BSCCP Accredited Colposcopist British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology 1996
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- NHS Professional Medical Advisory Committee NHS Professionals 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
- BMI The Edgbaston Hospital, B15 2QQ
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 0121 456 2000
- BMI The Priory Hospital, B5 7UG
- 08:00 - 13:30
- 0121 440 2323
- Sutton Medical Centre 233 Tamworth Road...
- 13:30 - 17:30
- 0121 440 2323
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
9-5 pm Monday to Friday 07852 901 405
0r 24-hours - 0121 440 2323 bleep holder 01