- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Sulaiman Alazzawi is a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon based at St Georges University Hospital and the South West Elective Orthopaedic Centre in Epsom. He specialises in hip and knee replacements and treating painful or failing joint replacements.
He completed his basic surgical training at East of England, becoming a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS). Following this, he undertook a post-graduate research degree (MSc) at the University College London. His higher specialist training in Orthopaedics was on the Royal London Rotation, achieving a Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery (FRCS Tr&Orth).
He enhanced his training further by undertaking prestigious fellowships including specialised trauma fellowship in Hannover, Germany with Professor Christian Kretek as well as completing the world renowned adult reconstruction fellowship in Vancouver, Canada (under the mentorship of Professors Duncan, Garbuz, Masri and Greidanus). He has been a visiting fellow to the best world medical centres including Mayo clinic, Hospital of special surgery and Endoklinik.
Mr Alazzawi’s clinical and research interests have been focused around hip and knee joint replacements. He has published more than 30 scientific papers and book chapters. He presents regularly at national and international meetings. He is a reviewer for the Bone & Joint Journal (BJJ), Injury, the Knee and BMJ journals. Mr Alazzawi has been awarded several prizes and awards for research and quality improvement projects. He is a member of the British Orthopaedic Association.
• Hip arthritis; degeneration; hip osteonecrosis (avascular necrosis)
• Knee arthritis; degeneration;
• Total hip replacement
• knee replacement
• Robotic-assisted knee and hip replacement
• Custom made implants for hip and knee replacement
• Treating failed, painful or loose hip replacement
• Treating failed, painful or loose knee replacement
• Treating infected hip and knee replacement – working within Multi-disciplinary team dealing with all aspects of infected joint replacement.
Areas of interest
Hip arthritis; painful hip joint; hip replacement; hip degeneration; hip osteonecrosis (avascular necrosis); hip replacement; revision hip replacement; Knee arthritis; knee replacement; robotic-assisted knee replacement; treating failed, painful or loose hip and knee replacement; treating infected hip and knee replacement – working within Multi-disciplinary team dealing with all aspects of infected joint replacement.
- Adriana Espinel-Prada
- Parkside Hospital 53 Parkside London SW19 5NX
- 07765 190703
- 0845 556 1223
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Burhan Shawki Fee Assured
- Dr Liana Carmen Geary Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Mr Sulaiman Alazzawi
MBChB, MSc, MRCS, FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hip and Knee Joint Replacement Surgery
Complex Arthroplasty Unit, Department of Orthopaedics
St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Affiliated with the South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre (SWLEOC)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Native or bilingual
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.boa.ac.uk/
- FRCS (Tr & Ortho) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2017
- MSc in Musculoskeletal Science University College London 2011
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2008
- MBChB Baghdad Medical School 2002
Reference number 6110401
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council (GMC)
Royal College of Surgeons of England
British Orthopaedic Association
British Hip Society
British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- 22 Worple RoadWimbledonSW19 4DD
- 10:30 - 12:30
- 020 3326 3840
- 801 London RoadNORTH CHEAMSM3 9DW
- 10:00 - 12:30
- 020 3326 3840
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.