- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
I am a Consultant in Medical Oncology since 2010, specialised in gastrointestinal malignancies since 2013. My main interest is clinical and translational research. Amongst others, I have been awarded the ESMO Translational Research Fellowship in 2010 which led to PhD degree.
I have been a member of various national and international committees, and currently I am the chair of ESMO OncologyPro working Group and member of ESMO GI Faculty group. I was proud to lead the Feasibility study on cancer registration in Greece through the EUROCHIP-2 program and a core member of the PanHellenic Association for Continual Medical Research
Areas of interest
colorectal cancer; chemotherapy; oncology
- Beverley Timmins (Mrs)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Medical Oncologist at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust.
Tumour microenvironment; Prognostic Biomarkers; Chemotherapy Toxicity; Patient Derived Xenografts.
Music; Sports; Travelling; History
- European Society Medical Oncology Translational Research Fellowship (2010)
- Hellenic Society Medical Oncology Fellowship (2010)
- Translational Research Fellowship from Hellenic Society of Medical Oncology (2007)
- The Impact of Changes in Service Delivery in Patients With Colorectal Cancer During the Initial Phase of the COVID-19 Pandemic.(Clinical Colorectal Cancer 2020)
- Summary of international recommendations in 23 languages for patients with cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic. (Lancet Oncol. 2020)
- Patient and family support in the era of fake e-medicine: food for thought from an international consensus panel. (ESMO Open. 2020)
- The Prognostic Significance of the Hedgehog Signaling Pathway in Colorectal Cancer. (Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2016)
- The prognostic significance of WNT pathway in surgically-treated colorectal cancer: β-catenin expression predicts for disease-free survival. Anticancer Res. 2013
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians Royal College of Physicians 2018
- Philosopher Doctor (PhD) University Hospital of Larisa, Greece 2018
- Specialisation in Medical Oncology Preferectural Self-Government of Athens-Piraeus, Hellenic Republic 2010
- Doctor of General Medicine Albert Szent Gyorgi Medical University, Szeged, Hungary 2001
Reference number 6060828
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Resilience Task Force European Society of Medical Oncology 2020
- Chair of Oncology Pro Working Group European Society of Medical Oncology 2021
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC , 2012
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.