- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Percutaneous coronary intervention with/without stenting
- Reporting of echocardiography
Established Consultant Cardiologist since 2001.
Areas of interest
Cardiac catheterisation; Angioplasty and coronary stenting; Echocardiography, transthoracic & transoesophageal; Angina; Valvular heart disease; Interventional cardiology; Heart failure; Heart Rhythm irregularity, DC Cardioversion
- Caroline Shuttleworth
- Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital Wonford Road EXETER EX2 4UG
- 01392 262124
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr John M Saddler Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital, Exeter, EX2 5DW
Cardiac Rehabilitation. New Angina in Primary Care. Rapid Access for Chest Pain.
American Heart Association council on clinical cardiology, scientific award for Young clinical Investigator finalist. McLeod Gold medal, University of Glasgow medical school. Honours for Doctorate in Medicine thesis.
(Additional) Languages spoken
Journal of the American College of Cardiology, British Journal of General Practice, British Medical Journal, Heart
Courses offered to GPs
Missed diagnosis in primary care: avoiding the pitfalls
Outcome data is audited and published annually by the British Cardiovascular Intervention society on www.bcis.org.uk, available to the general public. Personal outcome data is well within predicted outcomes for case-mix.
- MB ChB University of Glasgow 1986
- MD University of Glasgow 2005
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2003
Reference number 3178450
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member British Cardiovascular Intervention Society 2014
- Member American Heart Association council on clinical cardiology 2014
- Member European Society of Cardiology 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology Specialist Register, 1998
Affiliations / memberships
- Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital Wonford Road...
- 06:00 - 00:00
- 01392 262124
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details