- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Video and telephone consultations
I provide Family and Systemic Therapy, but also draw from Psychological Theories, Social Learning Theory, Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy.
I ensure therapy is tailored to clients' needs and that it becomes a valuable experience for Individuals (children and adults), Couples, Families & Kinship - with any presenting difficulties and diagnosis.
The Family and Systemic approach I use is known for taking into account the influences of the 'context' a person lives in, which means that I believe that our lives, beliefs, behavioural scripts are influenced by the wider social, community and family networks. I therefore support clients in developing their ability to think about how their own age, gender, race, culture, sexuality, education, class and other social differences impact on their life opportunities and positions them in relationships with relatives, friends, partner, work colleagues and in the wider society.
I work on people's strengths and personal resources, focusing on the solutions rather than the problems. It helps people in relationship to have a different kind of conversation, exploring difficult thoughts and situation in a safe way, enabling a different understanding of others’ experience and views. I attempt to allow silenced voices to be heard in such a way clients feel empowered even in daunting situations; feel hopeful for the future; feel contained and able to make wise choices.
Areas of interest
Individuals (children and adults) - Couples - Families - Any diagnoses - Abuse - Neglect - Domestic violence - Trauma - Cultural sensitive - social differences and oppression
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Newham Specialistic Psychological Service Systemic Lead
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Italian - Native or bilingual
- C. Taffagli et al (2020) Maintaining the Connection. Reflections of a Family Therapy Clinic on Working Online at the Time of the COVID-19 Pandemic; in Murmuration, Volume 3, Issue 1
- Working in Partnership and Systemically within a Social Work Unit: workers’ own experience, Human Systems, Vol 23, Issues 1, 2012 (full version)
- Working in Partnership and Systemically within a Social Work Unit: workers’ own experience, Context, August 2012 (shorter version)
Post treatment communication
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: Cinzia0310