- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Urological malignancy
Simon Brewster has worked full-time in his current position in Oxford since 1998, prior to which he trained in London and Bristol. His subspeciality interests focus on the diagnosis and management of prostate cancer and prostatic disease. Simon is engaged with clinical governance in his department as well as undergraduate and postgraduate teaching: He is a Fellow and Clinical Tutor at Hertford College (University of Oxford) and a trained Educational Supervisor within his Deanery. He has published over 80 peer-reviewed original research reports and review papers between 1983 – 2017.
Areas of interest
Prostate disease including prostate cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) & prostatitis; urinary symptoms, haematuria; Prostate biopsy including transperineal transrectal & MRI-targeted. Surgical procedures including TURP, Holmium laser (HoLEP), radical prostatectomy (open and robotic). General urological procedures including circumcision, hydrocele, cystoscopy, bladder tumour cancer resection and urethral bulking injection.
- Kate Taylor
- Nuffield Health The Manor Hospital Beech Road Headington OXFORD OX3 7RP
- 01865 307445
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Vipul Jain Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Urological Surgeon, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust, 1998-current.
Focal therapy for prostate cancer (HIFU)
British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS): Elected Executive Board member, Section of Oncology and Office of Education 2010 - 2015.
European Association of Urology (EAU): Executive Board member, Section of Onco-Urology (ESOU) 2008-2013
For a full list of peer-reviewed publications and books please see the relevant section on either website given below.
Courses offered to GPs
I am always happy to give educational talks to primary care colleagues in the Oxford region. Please contact me through my secretary to discuss details.
View videos on youtube
Radical Prostatectomy (670 cases between 1998 and 2015):
30-day mortality 0%
Hospital stay 3.5days (open); 1.25 days (robotic)
Emergency re-admission rate <1%
Incontinence requiring intervention 5%
PSA disease relapse after 5 years 20%
PSA relapse after 10 years 25%
- FRCS (Urol) Combined Royal Colleges of Surgeons of the UK and Ireland 1997
- Doctor of Medicine University of Bristol 1993
- MB BS (hons) University of London 1986
- Bsc in Anatomy 1st class honours University of London 1983
- Observership in radical prostatectomy Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Prof Patrick Walsh 1997
- Observership in robotic radical prostatectomy Columbia and Cornell Hospitals, New York (Dr K Badani and Ash Tewari) 2011
Reference number 3169148
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chairman, Urology Tumour site-specific group, 2008-2013 Thames Valley Cancer Network 2008
Details of entry to specialist register
- UK Specialist Register, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
Full Member, BAUS and EAU since 1998
- Beech Road Headington OXFORD OX3 7RP
- 16:30 - 17:30
- 01865 307445
- Nuffield Health The Manor Hospital, OX3 7RP
- 08:30 - 18:00
- 01865 307445
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Myself via my secretary or if out of hours contact me via the nurse in charge at the Manor Hospital.