- Fee assured
- Verified account
Mr Samit Unadkat is a consultant ENT surgeon who sees a comprehensive range of ENT disorders.
In particular he has a subspecialist interest in nasal and facial plastic surgery. He manages the full spectrum of complex sinonasal disorders and is fellowship trained in advanced rhinoplasty and sinus surgery. Within the NHS he works at the Royal National ENT & University College London Hospital – the UK’s national centre for complex sinonasal and facial plastic disorders.
He was awarded the Dr Harold Edwards scholarship as the top-ranking candidate to read medicine at Imperial College London and has won numerous undergraduate and postgraduate prizes. His basic and higher surgical training was conducted in London at several centres of excellence including The Royal National ENT Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital and St Bartholomew’s & The Royal London Hospitals. The bulk of his training was focused on nasal and facial plastic disorders under leading international experts.
After completing his training, he secured the coveted Royal College of Surgeons of England advanced rhinology & facial plastic fellowship at Charing Cross & The Royal Brompton Hospitals – one of the only accredited fellowships dedicated to both complex rhinoplasty and advanced sinus surgery in Europe.
Mr Unadkat is also fully trained and certified in all aspects of general ENT & head and neck surgery. He has authored over 30 peer-reviewed publications and several book chapters. As part of his ongoing research, he is looking at the interplay between functional nasal surgery, snoring and sleep disordered breathing.
He is the inaugural president of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS) Junior Members Board, a full member of the British Society of Facial Plastic Surgery (BSFPS) and is invited speaker to several national and international meetings.
Areas of interest
Rhinoplasty / nose surgery;
Cosmetic nasal surgery;
Rhinology (nasal disorders);
Allergy and hay fever;
Sinusitis and recurrent sinus infections;
Endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS);
Olfaction (sense of smell disorders);
CSF leak repair;
Scarless tear duct surgery for watery eyes (epiphora);
Epistaxis (nose bleeds);
General ear, nose and throat conditions;
Obstructive sleep apnoea;
- Khaled El-Barouny
- 9 Harley Street Ltd 9 Harley Street London W1G 9QY
- 020 7971 7890
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Peter Thomas Fee Assured
- Dr Michael Gilhooly Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Rhinologist, Facial Plastic & ENT Surgeon
The Royal National ENT & University College Hospital, London
Nasal reconstruction in vasculitis
Functional nasal surgery in snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea
Courses offered to GPs
Snoring, Septum and Sinus Surgery for GPs
- Diploma in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, DOHNS The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2013
- Intercollegiate Fellowship in Otolaryngology, FRCS (ORL-HNS) The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2018
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery, MBBS Imperial College London 2009
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons, MRCS (Eng) The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2011
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Sciences with Gastroenterology & Hepatology, BSc (Hons) Imperial College London 2007
- Charing Cross & The Royal Brompton Advanced Rhinology & Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2020
Reference number 7049877
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President of the Junior Members Board European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS) 2020
Affiliations / memberships
European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS)
British Society of Facial Plastic Surgery (BSFPS)
European Rhinologic Society (ERS)
British Rhinological Society (BRS)