- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Coronary angiography
- Devices: cardiac resynchronisation therapy device (CRT)
- Devices: implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Devices: single chamber pacemaker insertion
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR)
- Percutaneous coronary intervention with/without stenting
Married with 2 children
Areas of interest
Interventional cardiology; Pacing (cardiology); Arrhythmias; Angioplasty; Implantable devices / device therapy; Coronary stenting/IVUS and OCT.
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist and Divisional Director Unscheduled care, Lancashire Cardiac Centre, Blackpool Teaching NHS foundation Trust.
Honorary Senior Lecturer University of Buckingham
Honorary Lecturer University of Manchester and UCLAN
Football, playing and watching.
Cinema, Travelling and History
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.bcis.org.uk
MACE rate for PCI 0.67% (BCIS website)
- MBChB University of Birmingham 1986
- MD University of Manchester 1997
- Clinical Lecturer University Hospital of South Manchester 1994
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 1999
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology and GIM, 1996
Affiliations / memberships
British Cardiac Society
British cardiac interventional society
- Spire Fylde Coast Hospital
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 01253 394188
- Spire Fylde Coast Hospital St Walburgas Road...
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 01253 394188
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details