- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Hajivassiliou qualified at the University of Edinburgh Medical School. He worked in Paediatric and Neonatal Surgery, including Urology, in specialist Units in the UK and abroad (Cambridge, East and West of Scotland, Australia). He was appointed Consultant at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill since 1998. He maintains a very busy general, specialist and sub-specialist Clinical Practice in the NHS and also receives overseas referrals for specialist treatment.
Mr Hajivassiliou offers the full range of Paediatric Surgery / Urology Services available privately.
He is very active in education and training and is also an examiner at Undergraduate and Postgraduate National and European levels. Academic posts include Wellcome Trust Senior Lecturer, Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at the University of Glasgow and other visiting commitments. His research interests encompass bio-implants, fetal intervention and design of Medical Devices and Surgical Instruments.
Areas of interest
Inguinal hernia; hydrocele; orchidopexy; circumcision; prepuceplasty; umbilical hernia; abdominal wall hernia; ingrown toe nail; skin lesions; subcutaneous lesions; varicocele; Oncology - paediatric surgical; Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery') - paediatric surgical; Gastro-intestinal disease; Transplantation - paediatric surgical
- BMI Enquiry Line
- 0808 101 0337
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric / Neonatal Surgeon
Royal Hospital for Children
Queen Elizabeth University Hospital
Bioimplants - artificial sphincters
Laser Doppler blood flow scanning
Neonatal surgical techniques
Audit - Quality Clinical Indicators, Education, Training
Vintage wireless restoration
Lord Moynihan Prize and Medal
30+ Publications in Peer-reviewed Journals and various Book Chapters
150+ Presentations and invited Lectures to National and International Meetings
Main subjects: general paediatric and neonatal surgery, paediatric urology, bioimplants / artificial sphincters, fetal surgery, incontinence, paediatric oncology, surgical techniques, surgical training
Courses offered to GPs
Annual / biennial update for GPs BMI Rosshall
My Key Indices over 20 years:
- Anastomotic leakage for oesophageal anastomosis and tracheal repair for congenital oesophageal atresia / tracheo-esophageal fistula is 0%.
- Primary infection rate at 12 months for VP shunt insertion is 0%.
- BSc(Hons) University of Edinburgh 1984
- MBChB University of Edinburgh 1986
- FRCS(Glasg) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow 1990
- FRCS(Ed) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1990
- FRCS(Paaed) Intercollegiate Board for Paediatric Surgery UK 1997
- MD University of Edinburgh 1997
- FEBPS UEMS 2000
- FRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health UK 2009
- FRSA Royal Scottish Academy 2012
- Microsurgery Course Canniesburn / Ethicon Laboratories 1992
- Surcical Correction of Congenital Anorectal Malformations Long Island Jewish Medical Centre USA 1995
- Paediatric Laparoscopic Surgical Techinques Sir Alfred Cuschieri MIS Center, University of Dundee 1999
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Examiner in Paediatric Surgery European Board of Medical Specialists 2017
- Surgical Representative West of Scotland Bone Marrow Transplant Service 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatric Surgery, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
• British Association of Pædiatric Surgeons
• Scottish Surgical Pædiatric Society
• Cyprus Association of Pædiatric Surgery
• Royal Medico-Chirurgical Society of Glasgow
• West of Scotland Surgical Association
• British Medical Association
• European Board of Medical Specialties (Pædiatric Surgery)
- Nuffield Hospital Glasgow 25 Beaconsfield Road...
- 17:00 - 18:00
- 0141 334 9441
- Rosshall Hospital, 221 Crookston Road Glasgow...
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0141 810 3151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0141-8103151 or 0141-3349441