- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Female urology
I have been a consultant urological surgeon since 2000. I graduated from Leicester Medical School in 1986 and obtained my postgraduate degree MD (Doctor of Medicine) from Manchester University in 1996. My main interest is in men and women with urinary incontinence or voiding difficulties. I also have an interest in bladder problems related to neurological conditions such as Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's.
Areas of interest
Urinary incontinence assessment and surgery; Neuro-urology; Male voiding problems and surgery; Urinary tract infection; Bladder pain; Botulinum toxin bladder injections, Urodynamics study
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Royal Bolton NHS Foundation Trust, Bolton, BL4 0JR
1. Chronic orchialgia: Consider gabapentin or nortriptyline before considering surgery. Andrew M Sinclair, Barry Miller, Ling K Lee. International Journal of Urology 14 (7), 622–625 (2007).
2. Cerebral Palsy, Cerebellar Ataxia, AIDS, Phacomatosis, Neuromuscular Disorders, Epilepsy. M Kellett and L K Lee. Chapter 30 in Textbook on Neurogenic bladder in adults and children. Ed: E Schick, J Corcos. Publisher M Dunitz, London 2004. Winner of the 1st Prize in the 2004 BMA Medical Book Competition Urology Category. (Updated in Feb 2007)
3. Chronic orchialgia- A Pain Team Approach? A M Sinclair, B. Miller & L K Lee Presented at BAUS section of Andrology, London, December 2005. Won best poster and oral presentation.
4. Outpatient Did Not Attends: Identifying the Culprits. D Ross, R Jugdey & L K Lee. Won Junior Presentation Prize May 2007, Royal Bolton Hospital.
5. Female Urology- A practical clinical guide. Eds: Howard B Goldman & Sandip Vasavada. Review for Annals of Surgery. 2008
6. Outcomes of continence surgery in women with urodynamic study (UDS)-proven detrusor overactivity and stress urinary incontinence (SUI). Lee L, Campbell I, Broome J. Abstract accepted for International Continence Society Sept 2009, San Francisco.
7. National grant of £9000 by the Pelvic Floor Clinical Studies Group with some changes to the study protocol- Awarded to A Crump & L Lee (2010).
8. Mixed urinary incontinence- the story so far. A Crump & L K Lee. Urology News May/June 2011.
9. Urinary tract infections in adults- a practical overview. Ling K Lee. National Association of Primary Care Review p56-59 (2012).
Courses offered to GPs
Urinary incontinence, Haematuria, Urinary tract infections
- MBBS Leicester Medical School 1986
- MD University of Manchester 1996
- FRCSEd(Urology) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1999
Reference number 3129308
Details of entry to specialist register
- FRCSEd(Urol), 1999
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Urological Surgeons
International Continence Society