- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Consultant orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon.
Specialising in lower limb Sports Injuries.
Areas of interest
Lower limb sports injuries: Knee replacement; Ligament reconstruction including anterior cruciate ligament; Arthroscopy knee; Ankle ligament surgey; Ankle arthroscopy; Foot surgey; Bunions; Tendonopathy knee and ankle/foot; Lower limb compartment syndrome; Shin splints
- Denise Hixon
- Parkside Hospital 53 Parkside Wimbledon London SW19 5NX
- 020 8946 3007
- 020 8605 2884
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. Charing Cross and St Mary's Hospitals
Honorary Senior Lecturer Imperial College
Knee, Shin, Ankle and foot disorders.
Arthritic Problems, Ligament disorders and Tendonopathies, Overuse Injuries
Keep Fit, Gardening and Reading
Travelling Fellow British Orthopaedic Sports Truama and Arthroscopy Association to USA
Member International Anterior Cruciate Ligament Study Group
Honorary Fellow faculty Sports and Exercise medicine(UK)
Over 100 Publications and Presentations at national and International meetings.
Publications in mainOrthopaedic Journals such as Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Americal Journal of Sports Medicine, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research
Courses offered to GPs
Regular Speker to GPs, Physios, osteopaths, Chiropracters and Podiatrists via Pivate Hospital previously listed
- BSc in Immunology and Microbiology St Mary's Hospital, London 1983
- MBBS London St Bartholowew's Hospital, London 1986
- Fellow Royal College Surgeons Edinburgh 1991
- Master of Surgery London 1998
- Specilsit Register Orthopaedic and Truams Surgery London 1998
- Sports Medicine Fellowship Duke University, USA 1997
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Training Programme Director Sports and Exercise Medicine Pan London 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, 1998
Affiliations / memberships
ACL Study Grp
West London Medical Grp
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
020 8946 3007