- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
Hello, my name is Laura. I am a Clinical Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC). I have over fifteen years experience working in mental health within the NHS, private and charity sectors.I currently work within two specialist services in London working with individuals experiencing emotional difficulties.
- Psychological assessment and therapy to individuals, couples and families who are going through difficult times and might be struggling with emotional difficulties, relationship difficulties or dealing with stressful life events that prevent them from living life to its fullest.
- Individual and group supervision.
- Teaching, training and consultations to teams.
Ways of working:
I am experienced in supporting children and young people, adults, couples, and families who have presented with a range of difficulties such as low mood, stress, anger, Post-Traumatic Stress and Obsessional Compulsive Disorder (OCD), neurodevelopmental difficulties, relationship difficulties, psychosexual difficulties, adverse childhood experiences, life transitions, family and couple conflict.
I am clinically trained to work in a multiple therapeutic models, including (but not limited to) Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Systemic Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Compassion-Focused Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness.
What to expect in an initial meeting:
An initial assessment needs very careful thought about a person’s presenting issues, the approach that fits them and what is likely to be most effective for their presenting problems. I adapt my approach to suit individual differences and take the time to develop an understanding of the concerns and factors that have influenced the individual’s life so far. It is important to develop a safe and supportive space in which the person can feel listened to. I hold an open mind when asking about what a person requires help with and look to identify their strengths alongside the areas they are struggling with.
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.