- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Vascular surgery
Mr Higman's principle practice is in vascular and paediatric surgery, although he is also a trained general surgeon. He has wide experience in the management of all forms of varicose veins and their complications. This includes the use of modern minimally invasive methods of treating veins such as radiofrequency ablation, foam sclerotherapy and microsclerotherapy for thread veins.
Mr Higman also treats circulatory problems affecting the legs, aortic aneuysms and carotid disease for the prevention of stroke.
Mr Higman is one of the designated paediatric general surgeons for Coventry and Warwickshire and treats a wide variety of surgical conditions affecting children.
Areas of interest
Heart failure; Vascular surgery; Varicose veins; Carotid surgery / endarterectomy; Paediatrics
- Kay McNally
- Warwickshire Medical Consultants Nuffield Health Warwickshire The Chase Blackdown Leamington Spa CV32 6RW
- 01926 436332
- 01926 428791
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Daniel J Higman has worked with Dr Rama Natarajan at the following hospitals:
- Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital (1-5)
- The Stratford Clinic: http://www.thestratfordclinic.co.uk/default.aspx
- Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital: http://www.nuffieldhealth.com/consultants/mr-dan-higman
- Warwickshire Vein Centre: http://www.warwickshireveincentre.co.uk/wvcndefault.aspx
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire
Minimally invasive treatments for varicose veins.
Playing jazz piano, sailing, allotment.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Consultant General Vascular Surgeon The London Hospital Medical College 1986
Reference number 3117237
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council
Royal College of Surgeons of England
Vascular Surgical Society
Medical Protection Society
National Association of Clinical Tutors
- The Stratford Clinic, CV37 6PP
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 01789 412994
- Warwickshire Vein Centre Nuffield Health...
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 01926 436332
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.