- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I've been a consultant since 1990.
I see private patients when they need to be seen, so there is no fixed clinic.
I mostly see patients with genital symptoms, often this is a dermatological problem rather than an STD. I see a lot of patients worried about herpes infections. It is easy to test for herpes and there is a blood test to indicate if anyone has ever been infected.
Genital warts are also easily treated.
Areas of interest
• Candida infections • Recurrent thrush • Balanitis • Herpes infections • Genital warts • Chlamydia testing • Intracavernosal injections for Erection problems • Erectile dysfunction • HIV / AIDS • Sexual health screening
- Colm O'Mahony
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Sexual Health and HIV
Nuffield Hospital Chester
Herpes, Genital Warts, HPV vaccine, erection problems
President of Liverpool Medical Institution
Silver clinical excellence award from NHS
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Basic
TV, radio, numerous publications
Courses offered to GPs
I regularly do update lectures to GP prcatices
- MD, FRCP, BSc, Dip Ven RCP 1988
Reference number 3116432
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President of Liverpool Medical Institution C&NWMS 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Genitourinary Medicine , 1988
- Nuffield Health The Grosvenor Hospital
- 09:30 - 20:00
- 01244 680444
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Switchboard at the Countess of Chester (01244 365000) have my permanent mobile number and will contact me when necessary.