- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Foot & Ankle
Mr Alvi is a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon with a specialist interest in Foot and Ankle surgery.
His NHS practise is at Glan Clwyd Hospital, Bodelwyddan where he has been a Consultant since 2018.
He offers private practice consultations and surgery at Spire Yale Wrexham and privately consults at Spire Abergele.
After graduating from King's College London, he undertook postgraduate training in Manchester and qualified as a specialist in Orthopaedic Surgery in 2015. Following this he then completed a nationally recognised Foot and Ankle Fellowship at Wrightington Hospital, Lancashire, which is a world-renowned centre of excellence for specialist orthopaedic training.
He is a member of the British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, and the European Foot and Ankle Society.
He has completed an MSc degree in Orthopaedic Engineering from the University of Cardiff and presented his research nationally at the British Orthopaedic Research Society. He has also published over 15 papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented widely in many national and international meetings.
He is an Honorary Clinical Teacher for the University of Cardiff Medical School.
Areas of interest
Ankle surgery; Foot surgery; Arthroscopy; Achilles Tendon; Foot and Ankle Sports injuries
- Medical Secretary
- Spire Abergele Consulting Room Priory House North Wales Business Park Cae Eithin Abergele LL22 8LJ
- 01745 828900
- FRCSEd(Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2014
- MSc. (Orthopaedic Engineering) University of Cardiff 2007
- MRCSEd Royal College of Surgeon of Edinburgh 2001
- MB BS University of London 1995
Reference number 4258106
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
1. British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
2. British Foot and Ankle Society (BOFAS)
3. European Foot and Ankle Society (EFAS)
4. British Medical Association (BMA)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.