- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Video consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 17 Nov 2020
Mr Amr Elkhouly, is a Consultant of Trauma and Orthopaedics in the Royal Berkshire Hospital. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh-Trauma and Orthopaedics- as well as a Member of the British Society for Children’s Orthopaedic Surgery (BSCOS). He is also a faculty member of the Miller’s International Orthopaedic FRCS teaching course, Oxford, UK.
His surgical practice covers all aspects of diagnosis and treatment of paediatric orthopaedics and adult limb reconstruction.
Amr completed three national specialist fellowships in Alderhey’s children hospital /Liverpool University Hospital, Southampton University Hospital and the Royal Berkshire Hospital. He also completed an international limb reconstruction fellowship in the Ilizarov Institute Kurgan, Russia, for limb deformities as well as the International Paediatric Orthopaedic Symposium by the Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA)
His sub-speciality interests include:
• Paediatric orthopaedics: management of paediatric hip pathology, with special focus on foot and ankle deformities and lower limb deformities in general including leg length inequality
• Limb alignment surgery: management of paediatrics lower limb deformities using different techniques of treatment, including special plaster cast (Ponseti method), splints, and surgical intervention using techniques as guided growth or distraction osteogenesis through internal or external fixation (circular frames)
• Lower Limb Joint Replacement Surgery: management of adult Osteoarthritis(degenerative/traumatic) with different modalities of treatment including joint injections, arthroscopy, Knee and Hip arthroplasty surgery.
Amr is the lead of the simulation centre for Orthopaedics in the Royal Berkshire NHS Trust, has been involved in teaching and research throughout his career and had several presentations in international meetings and publications in peer reviewed journals.
Outside work, Amr is a keen basketball player, he represented his country on international level and received gold medal on several occasions. He is a proud supporter of the Reading Rockets Basketball team.
Areas of interest
Hip replacement surgery; knee replacement surgery; arthroscopy; paediatric deformities; paediatric hip pathology; paediatric foot and ankle deformities; paediatric knee pathology
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant T&O Royal Berkshire NHS Trust
paediatric Hip, knee, foot and ankle,
paediatric deformities, Limb length difference, malalignment
Adult hip and knee
adult and paediatric trauma with limb deformities
I am a keen basketball player,I represented my country on international level and received gold medal on several occasions. I am a proud supporter of the Reading Rockets Basketball team.
I also enjoy the outdoors and spend as much time as possible riding my bike around the chilterns cycleway
Honours degree in MBBCh
first rank in MCh-surgery
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Fluent
- MRCS ED RCSED 2007
- FRCS T&O RCSEd 2015
- MCh T&O Benha University 2015
- MBBCh Alexandria University 1997
- MCh Alexandria University 2001
- Senior Fellow Lower limb Arthroplasty Royal Berkshire Hospital 2015
- Limb Reconstruction Fellow Liverpool and Alderhey's Hospitals 2011
- Senior Fellow Peadiatric Orthopaedics Southampton University Hospital 2016
- Visiting surgeon Ilizarov Institute, Kurgan, Russia 2008
Reference number 7020802
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member of the British Society of Children's Orthopaedics Surgery BSCOS 2017
- Fellow of the Royal COllege of Surgeons T&O RCSEd 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist in T&O, 2019
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the RCSED T&O
Member of the BSCOS
- Berkshire Independent Hospital-Reading
- 08:00 - 13:00
- 0118 902 8126
- The Circle Reading
- 08:00 - 13:00
- 0118 022 6928
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.