- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Accredited Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer the Full Pathway cataract surgery package for Bupa customers ...more
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Royal Derby Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
Areas of interest
Diabetic Retinopathy; Macular Degeneration; Retinal Occlusion; Cataract Surgery; Retinal Laser; Yag Laser;
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Navneet Narula Fee Assured
- Dr Nicholas Chesshire Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist with an interest in Retinal Diseases at Royal Derby Hospital.
Sleep Apnoea in Diabetic Retinopathy (ROSA Trial), Changes in Diabetic retinopathy following Bariatric surgery, Peripheral retinal laser in Diabetic Macular Oedema (RDP Trial), Patient Satisfaction Survey after Intravoitreal Injections for Diabetic Retinopathy (RetTSQ)
Courses offered to GPs
Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular degeneration, Cataract Surgery, Multi-focal lens implants, Understanding OCT
- MBBS St Bartholomew's Hospital, London 1985
- FRCOphth Royal College Ophthalmologists 1992
- BSc (Hons) Anatomy King's College, London 1982
- Vitreo-Retinal Fellowship Birmingham and Midlands Eye Centre 1998
- Health and Social Services Management NHS University 2002
Reference number 3090738
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Regional Fellow Royal Society of London 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- FRCOphth, 1992
Affiliations / memberships
East Midlands Retinal Group
- Nuffield Health Derby Hospital, DE23 4SN
- 16:30 - 20:00
- 01332 896780
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details